cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mubassir1840
Asteroid

Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am unable to connect my Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth) to my Gear app on my Galaxy Note 8 phone. After a recent software update, my gear s3 just won't connect to my phone. I manually tried connecting within the app, and it takes forever and ever and say pairing underway and does nothing.  It was working fine before this update. Please help. 

Phone Details:

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model No: SM-N950U1

Android Version: 7.1.1

Samsung Experience Version: 8.5

Gear S3 Details:

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth Version)

Model No: SM-R760

Tizen Version: 3.0.0.1

SM
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mubassir1840

Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Gear Manager application? You can do that by going to Settings>Apps>Gear Manager on your phone, then pressing Storage. The options to clear the cache and data are in there.

90 REPLIES 90
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would delete the gear s3 from the bt list or gear manager list, then factory data reset the gear s3, and try to connect again

also, update the gear manager, plug-in, and other things that need to be updated.

useri5RYw6XVXP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

clears everything but restore sometimes fails... so this is risky if you want your gear s3 back to its state before the reset

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @mubassir1840

Did you delete the Gear S3's Bluetooth profile like @userbcMKA9DSlI suggested, and if so did it help? If not I am more than happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @mubassir1840

Did you delete the Gear S3's bluetooth profile like @userbcMKA9DSlI suggested, and if so did it help? If not I am more than happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

mubassir1840
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you, 

SamsungCamp for the prompt reply. 

Yes, I deleted the Gear S3's Bluetooth profile from my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled Gear S app from my phone and reset the Gear S3 watch.  

Now I started pairing the watch and phone, and it asked for the passphrase key which matched on my watch and phone. After that, it is saying "Pairing underway" for an hour and does nothing on my phone. And on my Gear S3, it says "Check your phone to complete setup" and does nothing. Attached Screenshots of the messages from my phone and watch. Please help. 

Screenshot_20180312-201002.jpgNote 820180312_201046.jpgGear S3

SM
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mubassir1840

Have you tried clearing the cache and data on the Gear Manager application? You can do that by going to Settings>Apps>Gear Manager on your phone, then pressing Storage. The options to clear the cache and data are in there.

mubassir1840
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

for your time and help. 

SM
userzRjOvDrxaw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cleared the cache and data and my watch still won't connect to my phone after the last update. Now when I go in to gear there is an update available, but it just says preparing to connect and never does. My phone says connected through serial profile, but won't connect to the gear itself, my app just says update required but won't pair with my watch

Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you put your phone in safe mode and see if it does the same thing?