JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

(Topic created on: 7/23/18 8:33 PM)
mubassir1840
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am unable to connect my Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth) to my Gear app on my Galaxy Note 8 phone. After a recent software update, my gear s3 just won't connect to my phone. I manually tried connecting within the app, and it takes forever and ever and say pairing underway and does nothing.  It was working fine before this update. Please help. 

Phone Details:

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model No: SM-N950U1

Android Version: 7.1.1

Samsung Experience Version: 8.5

Gear S3 Details:

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth Version)

Model No: SM-R760

Tizen Version: 3.0.0.1

SM
101 Replies
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just started out of the blue yesterdYy. Uninstalled all three Appa gear, gear s, account service, reinstalled.

It can find my gear S3 but as soon as I try to pair, the app exits. I have a pixel XL with the beta android SW but that was loaded months ago. 

I may go to best buy and return the watch for store credit. Had it since it came out but now it is just a watch. What is the deal?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you updated the device recently?

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

It is on the Android beta, but that was a month ago after the last update. 

I was at the gym and it just list connection. It has happened before, just reconnect and all is well. I find if I disconnect Mr bt head phones it is better. 

This happened without provocation and with great malace...

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I know it is my phone as I connected to my old phone, droid turbo, and it is ok. The gear app just exits after it finds my watch and Android informs me that the app has closed.

I have pixel XL, have beta version 9. I do not think this is the issue as it was working fine, there was no update that broke it. 

I have uninstalled gear, gear s and Samsung accessory service without any luck. 

I really do not want to do a full reset on my phone. Something is making the app exit when trying to pair. 

My watch is tizen 3002, aw cre3, 

What is my next move?

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We need the actual model code and baseband information for this device. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Which, my phone?

Pixel XL model PVT. Idk where baseband is
0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Pixel XL, model PVT

Don't know where baseband is, isn't that just for cell phone communication? 

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry for the confusing. The following link will show you how to obtain the model code. baseband and carrier. Let us know if they are helpful. link

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

here we go

SN: <Hidden>

Model: SM-R760

Tizen: 3.0.0.3

SW: R760XXU2CRE3

I still think there is something with the phone. my Droid Turbo connects, my Pixel XL will not, it finds it and when i try to pair, the app crashes. uninstall resinstall all 3. no change.

0 Likes