cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzjqssvleHK
Asteroid

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same probelem una ble to connect phone to watch. done everything, rebooted , reset, cleared cashes, formated phone ...

userzjqssvleHK
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same probelem una ble to connect phone to watch. done everything, rebooted , reset, cleared cashes, formated phone ...

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzjqssvleHK: What device are you trying to connect your Gear too? 

xman1102
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just got my new Galaxy Watch and it won't pair with my Galaxy S9.

Tried every truck mentioned here.  Very disappointed tonight. Been waiting a couple weeks on this watch and I've sold my Android Wear in the meantime.

userfMEiwGMDAP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note 8 wouldnt pair with S3, I did all the stuff reccomended on here...clear cache, reset, etc and still wouldnt pair (just kept getting the never ending "pairing, almost there" screen. I took it to the geek squad at Best Buy, they did everything I had already did and it still wouldnt pair.

Samsung phone rep happened to be in the store, he said do a factory reset on my phone and it should work. I relucatantly reset my phone and surprizngly my watch did pair afterwards (and recieve all alerts, make phone calls). Good luck 

xman1102
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is a company phone and I can't reset.

Ridiculous the issues with these watches.

Highlighted
userlelsGQDx63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEYRwIl8eS wrote:
Hello Michelle. 1. I have uninstalled and resinstalled all 3 apps, no change. it can find the gear, but when selected to pair, app crashed immediatly on my pixel XL. 2. I pulled out my droid turbo old phone, installed the apps, connected and works. Again, I will stress, i appears to be the phone. i am using android beta 9 but this just started less than a week ago and i have been using the beta for long before that.

Exact same issue here, pretty sure it is not the phone even though it works on your Droid.  I also have a Pixel 2 XL, running the latest Android 9 Beta, but that has not been updated since 2nd July and my watch was connecting and working fine up until recently. 

At first the Galaxy Gear app crashed immediately upon opening, after clearing the cache it at least will open and find my watch, but then crash as soon as I try to pair them. 

Take a look here though.... https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/07/23/gear-smartwatch-wont-connect-samsung-app-bug/

Looks to be a pretty widespread issue and is on the Samsung side of things, not Android. Hopefully, they get it fixed quickly.  

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That article pretty much sums it all up. Thought it was my phone but it appears to be some kind or setting that cant be removed and gets set sometime during runtime. very odd. 

Michelle, do you agree?

userK08bZJHY99
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, apparently.  I only seem to notice it when I uncheck the option to have this use Call Audio on my new Galaxy S9+ - which I bought on 7/23 to replace a Pixel 2 XL - I think my phone switch is just a coincidence.

I see on the S9+ that the watch attempts to connect on the serial port bluetooth profile instead of the audio profile and it just dies.

Sigh...

userOuK8fP7yaa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reset the watch and try it again.