cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Which, my phone?

Pixel XL model PVT. Idk where baseband is
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pixel XL, model PVT

Don't know where baseband is, isn't that just for cell phone communication? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the confusing. The following link will show you how to obtain the model code. baseband and carrier. Let us know if they are helpful. link

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

here we go

SN: <Hidden>

Model: SM-R760

Tizen: 3.0.0.3

SW: R760XXU2CRE3

I still think there is something with the phone. my Droid Turbo connects, my Pixel XL will not, it finds it and when i try to pair, the app crashes. uninstall resinstall all 3. no change.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEYRwIl8eS: Just to clarify, what troubleshooting steps have you completed on the Gear itself so far? 

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello Michelle. 1. I have uninstalled and resinstalled all 3 apps, no change. it can find the gear, but when selected to pair, app crashed immediatly on my pixel XL. 2. I pulled out my droid turbo old phone, installed the apps, connected and works. Again, I will stress, i appears to be the phone. i am using android beta 9 but this just started less than a week ago and i have been using the beta for long before that.
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEYRwIl8eS: I completely understand. Honestly, if the Gear works properly with your old mobile device, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your new mobile device. 

userc96i2D8MIJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have the same issue. As soon as I try to connect my gear s3 classic to my Pixel 2 running Android 9 it crashes.

Every single time.

So I am basically not even able to start the watch because I cand get past the connectin green.

It pairs fine but when it triea to connect it just crashes.

Is there someone looking into this pretty widespread issue? Or do I need to return the watch?

userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi There 

Has a solution been found for this issue yet. I was prompted to update software but now phone is stuck in preparing to connect mode for last 6 or so hours.

I am this far from returning the phone as well as the watch back. It is sooooo annoying.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you force stopped and cleared the cache of the app then power cycled both units at the same time and started from fresh?