JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

(Topic created on: 7/29/18 7:51 AM)
mubassir1840
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am unable to connect my Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth) to my Gear app on my Galaxy Note 8 phone. After a recent software update, my gear s3 just won't connect to my phone. I manually tried connecting within the app, and it takes forever and ever and say pairing underway and does nothing.  It was working fine before this update. Please help. 

Phone Details:

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Model No: SM-N950U1

Android Version: 7.1.1

Samsung Experience Version: 8.5

Gear S3 Details:

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier (Bluetooth Version)

Model No: SM-R760

Tizen Version: 3.0.0.1

SM
101 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@useryEYRwIl8eS: Just to clarify, what troubleshooting steps have you completed on the Gear itself so far? 

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Hello Michelle. 1. I have uninstalled and resinstalled all 3 apps, no change. it can find the gear, but when selected to pair, app crashed immediatly on my pixel XL. 2. I pulled out my droid turbo old phone, installed the apps, connected and works. Again, I will stress, i appears to be the phone. i am using android beta 9 but this just started less than a week ago and i have been using the beta for long before that.
0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@useryEYRwIl8eS: I completely understand. Honestly, if the Gear works properly with your old mobile device, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your new mobile device. 

0 Likes
userc96i2D8MIJ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I have the same issue. As soon as I try to connect my gear s3 classic to my Pixel 2 running Android 9 it crashes.

Every single time.

So I am basically not even able to start the watch because I cand get past the connectin green.

It pairs fine but when it triea to connect it just crashes.

Is there someone looking into this pretty widespread issue? Or do I need to return the watch?

0 Likes
userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi There 

Has a solution been found for this issue yet. I was prompted to update software but now phone is stuck in preparing to connect mode for last 6 or so hours.

I am this far from returning the phone as well as the watch back. It is sooooo annoying.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have you force stopped and cleared the cache of the app then power cycled both units at the same time and started from fresh? 

0 Likes
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Per my previous mail, full clear, uninstall reinstall, reset watch, I'm sure everyone has done these things already yet no help. The previous mail has a link to a story where it is public knowledge and lots of people have the issue.

userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Like everyone else on this thread; yes I have done all that without any success.

When last update went through I had to visit service center to have my gear fixed. I am assuming the case being same this time around. Why do you do this to your customers?????

Any chance I can hand back all my samsung stuff back to you guys so that there is no more misery in my life????
0 Likes
userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes but no success. This is so annoying. 

When the last update went through I had to send my gear to service centre to have repaired. What a product - you need to visit service centre everytime there is an update. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I would be happy to set up service. Can you please send a Private Message with the full model and serial numbers of the watch?

0 Likes