cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Like everyone else on this thread; yes I have done all that without any success.

When last update went through I had to visit service center to have my gear fixed. I am assuming the case being same this time around. Why do you do this to your customers?????

Any chance I can hand back all my samsung stuff back to you guys so that there is no more misery in my life????
userpOMFD1OM0g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes but no success. This is so annoying. 

When the last update went through I had to send my gear to service centre to have repaired. What a product - you need to visit service centre everytime there is an update. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be happy to set up service. Can you please send a Private Message with the full model and serial numbers of the watch?

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
All of that information is in a previous mail here.

Why is it you can do from there that I cannot do from here?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am requesting a private message to set up service. I will request personal information that is required to set up service. This is a public page and I did not want other people to have access to said information. Please keep me posted. 

Highlighted
userlelsGQDx63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungHeath wrote:

I am requesting a private message to set up service. I will request personal information that is required to set up service. This is a public page and I did not want other people to have access to said information. Please keep me posted. 

Why is that necessary? The article I posted a link to, coupled with multiple people on this thread with various different phone models, the issue is clearly not related to something we are doing but an update Samsung made to the Gear app. As a previous poster already wrote, we have tried re-installing the app, clearing cache, resetting the watch etc. No one wants to reset their phone and go through setting it up again, least of all when the issue is not with the phone.

The last update broke the app.

Fix the app.

Roll it out.

Make your customers happy.

It's not rocket science. 

calebs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having this same issue with my Gear S3 Frontier. I've uninstalled all 3 apps required (Samsung Gear, Gear S Plugin, and Samsung Accessory Service) as well as "Clear storage" in Android app info. I just got the pairing to crash the Samsung Gear app and submitted the bug report.

This is on a Pixel 2 XL with Android 9 beta 5.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys! Google has recently opened beta-testing for the newest version of the Android Operating System (Android “P”). After thorough testing, Samsung has determined that the Gear Manager software currently is not compatible with the “P” operating system platform. Samsung is currently in the process of developing updates to this software that will address compatibility issues. Please note, we cannot speculate on the date of release for this update. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

calebs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I figured that might be the case after I got the Android P beta. I've heard the final version may be released August 20th. Hopefully the Samsung developer(s) are able to get the Gear manager working soon. Until then I have a nice time piece!
useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was fine until the last beta AND it failed days or more after the last update. I would expect that if it was this then the failure would occur after the last beta update. 

My failure happened at the gym, no WiFi, no chance of an update. 

If I look back on this thread, it goes back way before the Android P reply. I can only assume uninstall reinstall apps and reset the watch worked for the previous entries.

I will just have faith that they are working on it and won't orphan us. 

It would be nice to see them publicly acknowledge this issue on their site. 

Thanks for all the help, I shall wait now...