cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlelsGQDx63
Asteroid

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryEYRwIl8eS wrote:
Hello Michelle. 1. I have uninstalled and resinstalled all 3 apps, no change. it can find the gear, but when selected to pair, app crashed immediatly on my pixel XL. 2. I pulled out my droid turbo old phone, installed the apps, connected and works. Again, I will stress, i appears to be the phone. i am using android beta 9 but this just started less than a week ago and i have been using the beta for long before that.

Exact same issue here, pretty sure it is not the phone even though it works on your Droid.  I also have a Pixel 2 XL, running the latest Android 9 Beta, but that has not been updated since 2nd July and my watch was connecting and working fine up until recently. 

At first the Galaxy Gear app crashed immediately upon opening, after clearing the cache it at least will open and find my watch, but then crash as soon as I try to pair them. 

Take a look here though.... https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/07/23/gear-smartwatch-wont-connect-samsung-app-bug/

Looks to be a pretty widespread issue and is on the Samsung side of things, not Android. Hopefully, they get it fixed quickly.  

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That article pretty much sums it all up. Thought it was my phone but it appears to be some kind or setting that cant be removed and gets set sometime during runtime. very odd. 

Michelle, do you agree?

userK08bZJHY99
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, apparently.  I only seem to notice it when I uncheck the option to have this use Call Audio on my new Galaxy S9+ - which I bought on 7/23 to replace a Pixel 2 XL - I think my phone switch is just a coincidence.

I see on the S9+ that the watch attempts to connect on the serial port bluetooth profile instead of the audio profile and it just dies.

Sigh...

userOuK8fP7yaa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reset the watch and try it again.

Highlighted
Dahulk74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same issues,a week ago.. remove wearable app,clear apps memory then reinstall wearable app. It worked for me.

userDLnpqmWzSJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you ble to solve your problem ? If yes can you help me too ?? I have recently purchsed gear S3 and trying to connect it to my Samsung s9+ but it shows me the same notice " Downloading failed, try again"

Your help will be appreciated. 

userG01o2KJri7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You all should let customers know if you all are going to discontinue support to a device before the next update comes out. 

useropapfzrqOb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Re: Level U Headset hard reset [ New ]
Here's the solution

Dont press hold down or what so ever button, it wont work.

Just on the power on button then extend it to the bluetooth symbol. Hold it until it becomes red blue green light (that light is the pairing process of the headset) then on your bluetooth on your cp and connect.

Watch this link: https://youtu.be/nrtcvAjE9zU

I am laughing at myself because I really don't know how to solve it but it's our fault not Samsung's. It's all about common sense Lol! There's a Use of bluetooth symbol on our devices. Use that symbol!

How to Pair Up & Configure Samsung Level U Pro Headphones
How to Pair Up & Configure Samsung Level U Pro Headphones
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for providing that information. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is for pairing headphones. That is not what this thread is about. This is a known issue with the S3 watch and the gear app. 

Everyone on this thread understands that this is a Samsung problem, there is an article in this thread that details it, no amount of unimsuninor reinstall will cure it, samsunS has just come out with a fix. 

Read the entire thread, not about connecting headphones...