cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If troubleshooting steps have failed, you may need to talk with the carrier, visit your local Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop inside, or send the device in for service. 

usera7jm4SDQbI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue, did you get it figured out? Mines was on standalone mode and would drain my battery so i tried to do a factory reset now it wont do anything.....

user9xYLjDwVRL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

**Possible Solution** 

*Explanaton*

I was having the same issue. The watch pairs (I get prompted for the PIN number and everyting on both the watch and the phone) but it would not actually connect.  

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 with latest software updates

Watch: Samsung Gear S3 Classic SM-R770 

I tried the following with no initial success:

-Reset the Watch to factory conditions

-Cleared Cache and Data from Wear App, Gear Plugin App, Samsung Accessories App

-Uninstalled and Reinstalled the Galaxy Wearable App

-Unpaired and re-paired the bluetooth again to try and establish a connection 

**Solution**

Went back and uninstalled all three the components individually (Wear, Gear Plugin, Samsung Accessory Service) via Settings -> Apps -> Click each app individually and uninstall

Restared the phone and the watch for good measure.

Reinstalled the Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) App

Started the pairing process again and lo and behold, it worked without a hitch. Hopefully this helps.

userjw1fZPiLfL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried all other steps listed in this forum, and to no avail. I tried these steps suggested by  

user9xYLjDwVRL and worked on the first go. Thank you so much. My situation is a Gear Frontier S3 and a Galaxy Note 9.
user36uZyU5nNE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi their samsung I have the same problem, before I dont have any problem with connection until when I update It it cannot connect to my iphone. you are saying to try this  (Settings>Apps>Gear Manager on your phone, then pressing Storage. The options to clear the cache and data are in there) the New version is that Setting>AppsSetting - But their is no gear Manager... Iam on Tizen version3.0.02 . I tried to delete the bluetooth save pair but still nothing happens.I am using gear S3 frontier  

userG01o2KJri7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Official Android P update is out and this still doesn't work. Wasn't the beta test period for companies to test their software and get it right for launch. Looks like Samsung spent months sitting on their hands. This is ridiculous.

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. I now have a $300 watch without the fitness tracking and text indications. I have the Best Buy warranty, i was thinking of just going back and turning it in as bricked by the manufacturer. Get a Garmin or something. Some other hi end watch to chronicle my pulse and workouts. ha.

userdeTjF4NhPK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in as well.

Just got my Frontier watch today from Samsung and no way to pair it up or use it Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdeTjF4NhPK; Hey, what type of phone are you attempting to pair the Gear with? If you can provide me with the full model code, baseband, and carrier information; I would be happy to look further into the issue for you. 

Highlighted
userfUKGe3lrlT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My watch connected to my phone for the 1st week but hasn't been able since. Into the 2nd week some joke...