9/30/2018.i have a note 8 and had same issues,i clear memory,remove wearable app and reinstall app,and run set up again and it worked. I try several times before last step, finally removing it and reinstalling did it. <hidden>
did this many times, plugins, reset watch, cleared cache and data, removed app and reinstalled, removed bluetooth connection then reconnected, installed latest os on phone. no dice, same problem. was never able to complete the setup.
says its pairing, setting up, completes %100 during setup, but then hangs and never finishes. I see the phones bluetooth indicator show it connect for about 5 seconds then disconnects while setup is happening.
old phone but should work.
Actually, this alone did not do it for me. You have to be more radical than this.
1. On your watch, switch off BT.
2. On your phone, remove the pairing between the phone and the watch.
3. On your phone, delete cache and data of the Galaxy Wearable app.
4. On your watch, select "Pair with new phone" option. This wipes all user data on the watch in the process, and activates BT again. It should also cause your phone to launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions.
6. Restore your Backup. If you didn't have one, make sure to make one in the future :-).
I know this is very radical, but I spent a whole evening trying all possible combinations, and this was the only one that worked.
I am having the same issue on my Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Right now only Galaxy wearable is available for download on my Samsung S7 phone and I have downloaded it but cannot open / pair with gear S3.
i had the same problem, but my phone(with android 7.0) has a settings funtion that is responsible for managing the application permissions. There you can enable all the watch related apps and afterwords you can re-connect your watch.
settings > permissions manager > allow the watch apps to start
It worked for me!!