cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userQpgl7Rv2TC
Constellation

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was having the same.issue. installing all three of those listed apps solved it. Thanks.

userWtugLglv2i
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Installing the apk of those 3 apps helped my gear S3 frontier connect to my note 8 running one ui beta.

Prior to doing so, I didn't have the gear s plugin and the Samsung accessory service apps. And when I went on Google Play, it said that the previous apps were not compatible with my device. 

userM0EZaDKaXF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get it resolved?

Teblung
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi...same with my case...so...the best solution me must do what, to resolve this problem. thanks

userfMEiwGMDAP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note 8 isn't synched with my gear anymore as well. Very frustrating,  I've done all the regular troubleshooting (clearing cache, memory, uninstall, etc). This only happened after the last software update.  Please fix,  Thanks

userlelsGQDx63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's getting really frustrating. My watch worked fine on Android P, DP2, DP3 and for a time on DP4. I am not sure what changed while running DP4, but I made no system updates until DP5, which makes me wonder what triggered the Gear app to stop working while running DP4.<br><br>What really stinks is that my watch is virtually useless at the moment. Sure it can still do many things, but lacking connectivity to the phone it is seriously handicapped. Hopefully, Samsung release a fix soon, although I would not be surprised to not see a fix until they start rolling out Android P onto Samsung phones.
userdeTjF4NhPK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cant wrap my hands around how Samsung doesn't seem to see this as a huge issue.

No statements from the company about it, no updates as to when it will be resolved. Is it really that hard for a company to put out a press blast acknowledging the issue and what they plan to do about it?

My faith in Samsung has totally gone in the crapper! I will never buy another one of their products or advise anybody else to do so!

userlelsGQDx63
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got an update pushed to my phone, updated Galaxy Gear to Galaxy Wear. Paired to my phone running Android P right away, looks to be fixed!

The watch also got a software update, battery enhancements and security updates I believe.

If you do not get an automatic update, try manually updating the gear software on the phone. Happy to be able to use my watch again.

userFCq9nh462o
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apr 12, 2019 - I had this problem today. 

To get to the point, I realized no Galaxy apps would recognize / connect to the Wi-Fi network - to accomplish the required update.  I turned Wi-Fi off.  I was then able to update the "Galaxy Wearable" app over the carrier's network....

userqQsnFYe5ez
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to reset my watch (lost all my settings) and bypass the initial phone-watch connection (click on the icon at the bottom right (?) and select to use the watch without syncing to a phone.  I then proceeded to connections, connected with Bluetooth, and followed the setup process that way.  The watch was reset and reconnected after powerup.