Official Android P update is out and this still doesn't work. Wasn't the beta test period for companies to test their software and get it right for launch. Looks like Samsung spent months sitting on their hands. This is ridiculous.
I agree. I now have a $300 watch without the fitness tracking and text indications. I have the Best Buy warranty, i was thinking of just going back and turning it in as bricked by the manufacturer. Get a Garmin or something. Some other hi end watch to chronicle my pulse and workouts. ha.
@userdeTjF4NhPK; Hey, what type of phone are you attempting to pair the Gear with? If you can provide me with the full model code, baseband, and carrier information; I would be happy to look further into the issue for you.
9/30/2018.i have a note 8 and had same issues,i clear memory,remove wearable app and reinstall app,and run set up again and it worked. I try several times before last step, finally removing it and reinstalling did it. <hidden>
did this many times, plugins, reset watch, cleared cache and data, removed app and reinstalled, removed bluetooth connection then reconnected, installed latest os on phone. no dice, same problem. was never able to complete the setup.
says its pairing, setting up, completes %100 during setup, but then hangs and never finishes. I see the phones bluetooth indicator show it connect for about 5 seconds then disconnects while setup is happening.
old phone but should work.
Actually, this alone did not do it for me. You have to be more radical than this.
1. On your watch, switch off BT.
2. On your phone, remove the pairing between the phone and the watch.
3. On your phone, delete cache and data of the Galaxy Wearable app.
4. On your watch, select "Pair with new phone" option. This wipes all user data on the watch in the process, and activates BT again. It should also cause your phone to launch the Galaxy Wearable app.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions.
6. Restore your Backup. If you didn't have one, make sure to make one in the future :-).
I know this is very radical, but I spent a whole evening trying all possible combinations, and this was the only one that worked.