cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOuK8fP7yaa
Constellation

Re: Unable to connect my Gear S3 to Gear app on my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reset the watch and try it again.

Dahulk74
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same issues,a week ago.. remove wearable app,clear apps memory then reinstall wearable app. It worked for me.

userDLnpqmWzSJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you ble to solve your problem ? If yes can you help me too ?? I have recently purchsed gear S3 and trying to connect it to my Samsung s9+ but it shows me the same notice " Downloading failed, try again"

Your help will be appreciated. 

userG01o2KJri7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You all should let customers know if you all are going to discontinue support to a device before the next update comes out. 

useropapfzrqOb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Re: Level U Headset hard reset [ New ]
Here's the solution

Dont press hold down or what so ever button, it wont work.

Just on the power on button then extend it to the bluetooth symbol. Hold it until it becomes red blue green light (that light is the pairing process of the headset) then on your bluetooth on your cp and connect.

Watch this link: https://youtu.be/nrtcvAjE9zU

I am laughing at myself because I really don't know how to solve it but it's our fault not Samsung's. It's all about common sense Lol! There's a Use of bluetooth symbol on our devices. Use that symbol!

How to Pair Up & Configure Samsung Level U Pro Headphones
How to Pair Up & Configure Samsung Level U Pro Headphones
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for providing that information. 

useryEYRwIl8eS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is for pairing headphones. That is not what this thread is about. This is a known issue with the S3 watch and the gear app. 

Everyone on this thread understands that this is a Samsung problem, there is an article in this thread that details it, no amount of unimsuninor reinstall will cure it, samsunS has just come out with a fix. 

Read the entire thread, not about connecting headphones...

user8tICTEJYan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my Gear s3 watch to pair with my phone LG K20v again.  However, the phone won't send calls to the watch via Remote Connection, which is what I got it for and it had been working.  The issue of not pairing may be fixed for everyone but in case it isn't, I'm going to try and summarize what I did, pretty much everything that everyone said.

1.  Turn watch and phone off and then on.

2. Reset the watch.

3.  Uninstall and install the 3 Apps on the phone:  The one app, Gear, changed into a new app called Wearable.

a.  Gear/ Galaxy Wearable

b.  Gear s plug in

c.  Samsung Accessory Service

4.  Update Software

5.  Clear cache and data on phone under Storage.

6.  Turn airplane on and off (don't bother).

7.  Finally figured out that trying to pair following the on screen instructions was what was wrong.

a.  Figured out that after Reset, on the watch, it comes back on with Bluetooth OFF.  Bluetooth must be on in order to pair with the phone.  

b.  Turn Bluetooth on , on the watch.

c.  Start the pairing with the phone.  Is says Start the Journey on the phone.

d.  When it said, go to gear and select Connect to phone, That made the watch Reset.  I went through that loop several times and so, didn't select that again.  Got back to start the pairing, 

e.  on the phone, after the Start the Journey, it asks you to select your device and Gear s3 is not listed , finally figured out to Select their first image of their new watch.  It will locate the device.  

f.  here's where things got tricky,  the watch says to download the app Gear on the phone and the only way off of that was to scroll down on that notice (on the watch) and select, --don't want to connect phone and watch--. Then selected-- connect-- on the phone, several times, after much confusion, the watch and phone paired.

The watch works off Bluetooth, in BT range (phone nearby) and the watch works by itself on Standalone (watch has it's own phone number, thru Verizon).  HOWEVER, the feature that I had, and the feature that I bought the watch for (Fall, 2017) doesn't work namely that the phone stays inside and calls and texts are sent to my watch when I am outside and away from the phone.  

I sent Samsung an email thru their Help/support feature and included the article that was mentioned in an earlier post above (Samsung broke Gear watch connectivity) and they replied with a request for me to send them the log files from the watch and the phone "when it happens".  "We would like to request service log files for both your Gear and your phone to efficiently resolve your issue."  I don't know if I should try and do that.  Will they really learn why or is this just busy work for the customer.  

(I think its Android 7.)

Also, there were other things on the watch during the pairing that didn't get it paired, so don't do those things, (setting a Pin or not setting the Pin, seemed to not matter in getting it to pair).

Samsung included the procedure on how to get the log files; if anyone wants that, I could copy and paste it here.

Edited August 27, 2018: forgot to say that during the pairing, if it prompts you to sign in to your Samsung Account, then sign in (on phone).  Also, wanted to add that my watch which was working in bluetooth range, switched to Standalone and then wouldn't switch back to bluetooth when it was back in BT range so I had to pair it again.  And encountered the problem again.   The problem was with the BT again.  

The watch said BT was ON and the phone said BT was on.  I turned BT on and off, etc on the watch and the phone, in order to get BT to really be on.  Then the pairing was able to take place.  

And wanted to add that on the phone, under Manage Notifications, Message + has to be on in order for the watch to show the calls and text.

My watch still isn't giving me the calls when in Remote Connection.  

And I think we should distinguish between --unable to 'pair' the watch and phone (instead of saying connection) from how the phone and watch are not connected via Remote Connection. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

GoSparky
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Gear 3 Frontier  + Note 9, after resetting gear s3, a d pairing with note 9. I have the error saying "download failure, try again" at 98% completion, can't  attach screenshot thou.

mubassir1840
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried Clearing the cache and data on the Gear Manager Application and the Gear S Plugin app and uninstalled and reinstalled all the apps again. Including the Accessories app. Or try factory resetting the Gear S3 watch as well if above does not work. 

SM