Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HTS
Asteroid

WAV Files (voicemail) - Gear S3 Frontier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The specs of the phone indicate the ability to play MP3,M4A,3GA,AAC,OGG,OGA,WAV,WMA,AMR,AWB files.

I get email attachments sent to me in wav format from Verizon FiOS.  I can open the attachment and the watch apparently knows the file format because it brings up the PLAY button, however upon clicking the PLAY button I get the error "can't play this type of file" on the screen.

This has yet to work for me (Tizen 2, 3 and now 4.0.2)

A different service I use (for another phone service) sends me emails with attachemnts in MP3 format and I can play these voice messages just fine directly as email attachments. (what I am trying to do above).

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HTS
Asteroid

Re: WAV Files (voicemail) - Gear S3 Frontier

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is apparently with Verizon FiOS wav files.  I just attached and sent myself a different wav file and it worked just fine.  So this response is meant for others that may be receiving voicemail as attachemnts from Verizon FiOS.  The Frontier watch will play other wav files as described on the spec sheet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HTS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Additional Info:  Thinking that the problem may be with Verizon and how they name the attached file, I just renamed one of the attachments to just "MSG.wav" and emaled it to myself.

Again, the Frontier Watch understood that the file was media (because it brought up the media player) and again I received the error message "can't play this type of file" on the screen".

HTS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is apparently with Verizon FiOS wav files.  I just attached and sent myself a different wav file and it worked just fine.  So this response is meant for others that may be receiving voicemail as attachemnts from Verizon FiOS.  The Frontier watch will play other wav files as described on the spec sheet.

View solution in original post