cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCcjMjIP0Co
Constellation

Warranty For Gear IconX

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As everyone knows now... the Gear IconX's are flawed.  The left earbuds just stops working anywhere between 6 to 10 months.  Luckily Samsung provides a one year manufacture warranty... so you think!  I called Samung to have my Gear IconX's replaced due to the left earbud malfunction.  They sent me a mailing to the pair that were malfunctioned repaired or replaced.  When Samsung recieved them I was sent an email from Samsung stating that my IconX could not be repaired and due to a shortage of inventory in the Gear IconX's, they were sending me the Galaxy Buds and sending a seperate partial reimbursement check in the amount of $80.  One would think great at least they are doing something... hold on!  When I recieved the Galaxy Buds there was a card from Samsung stating how much the apologize, how they hope that I enjoy the Galaxy Buds and they were sending a seperate partial reimbursement check in the amount of $80.  I waited a week, no check.  I called Samsung and was told that I should recieve the $80 check in 3 business days.  I waited four business days and no check.  Called again and told that they were escalating my issue to a supervisor and a supervisor should contact me in 48 hours.  I waited another 6 business days and called again to have the customer support person tell me that the reimbursement was only $2.  Of course I surprised.  Side note: the Galaxy Buds are horrible!  So I requested that they send me another shipping label so I can return the Galaxy Buds and get a full refund in which I was told "I will escalate it to the finance department!"  I wonder how long that's going take.  To date I have been dealing with this for a little over a month.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Warranty For Gear IconX

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting me a private message here with the most recent ticket number you have?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Mind shooting me a private message here with the most recent ticket number you have?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userZQxOpqhf3O
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck getting that refund.  I've been waiting on mine since February.  Samsung has promised a visa gift card...never came.  Then twice they have said they will send a check.  Still don't have it.  I'm waiting on a call back from them right now.  Supposed to be today, but it's 5:35 so I don't think they'll deliver on that promise either.

userlRrOeMf1JH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very similar ordeal to mine. Backed up on inventory. Because of it, I requested I be refunded in the original amount I paid for the item. Finally received tracking and surprise, another set of headphones that also broke within 2 months of ownership (tried to reach out to Samsung to return them for the gift card I originally requested, didn't work out). Approx. 7 phone calls later, I have the same ticket number and request via text to send proof of purchase to Samsung via email. I did so on 8/20/19.

Samsung has yet to respond in any way.

This service experience has deterred me from considering Samsung as an option for future phone, laptop and appliance purchases.