cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Water Damage

Has anyone else had Samsung claim water damage on their watches? Reading on the Internet it appears that this is a very re-occuring complaint from customers.

My Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro watch broke after 11 months. The heart rate sensor underneath detached almost totally from the watch and the only reason it didn't get lost was because of a piece of glue (or whatever holds it in place) that was still stuck to it. I came out of the sea and found it like this when I took the watch off to dry it. There was water coming out of the now open aperture. It was sent for repair and came back working fine with no mention of water damage (strange). Now 4 months later (watch 16 months old) it has broke again. It has been submerged in water once since then and just before it stopped working there was text on the screen showing that it was downloading something and not to turn it off. Now it won't turn on and the dreaded water damage has been diagnosed. The watch was working and downloading some sort of update before it broke and nowhere near water. More to the point, the first time it broke there was was water pouring out of the aperture where the heart rate sensor had fallen off but water damage wasn't even mentioned by Samsung.

They are a total disgrace and do not give a care in the world to their loyal customers. 

How can a watch claim to be water resistant, suitable for swimming get water inside it? 

When it did originally they never mentioned it but now I am being told that it could have been a tiny drop of rain. Great when you can go snorkeling and scuba diving in it but don't get caught out in the rain wearing it. 

DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR AND DON'T GIVE SAMSUNG ANOTHER PENNY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY <edit>