JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why has Samsung dropped Floor count in latest Health App version

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 2:08 AM)
userXvpI2OI52g
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Samsung Gear 2 and it counts floor and I use that daily. Since I updated the Samsung Health App however the floor count is dropped. Why is this done. User should be able to track this and it comes from a Samsung fitness tracker. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userbJBt51COwJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
  • I found the Floors count. It is under Steps.

Screenshot_20210306-185949_Samsung Health.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_gHDY9Pq
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just noticed this recently after snowboarding with my Gear S3 Frontier. I went to look at floors" data and couldn't find it on my SH app. The watch still measures altitude which through math SH equates to approximate floors.  Turned out the whole altimeter app had to be re-authorized on my watch and I still can't find floors history on SH. It's unfortunate that they removed it altogether and didn't just put in an "elevation change" widget in SH in its place.  Plenty of complaining on here about floors not being accurate when people don't really understand that the watch (and Samsung) have no idea if you are going up stairs, or walking up a hill.  I'd like to see the elevation gain tracking return to SH but I won't get my hopes up.

Solution
userbJBt51COwJ
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
  • I found the Floors count. It is under Steps.

Screenshot_20210306-185949_Samsung Health.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes