Original topic:

Wireless Charger Duo not charging S3 watch

(Topic created on: 2/21/21 6:40 AM)
userNPMFTS8qqm
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, I just received the wireless charger duo, and while it charges my S21 Ultra, my Note 9 and Galaxy Live buds just fine, it will not charge my Samsung watch. Placement needs to be "just right" before the red charge light appears, and after just a few minutes, the light flashes red and the watch doesn't charge. I have tried charging with the charger that came with the watch with no issue. It charges on my wife's Wireless charger trio with no issue.  I have seen that others have this very same problem, which tells me there is a problem with the Duo. Please advise how this can be rectified.

0 Likes
11 Replies
roboyo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have exactly the same problem. I just received an EP-P4300TBEGUS Wireless Charger Duo that I ordered directly from Samsung with my S21. Like you, my Galaxy S21 Ultra seems to charge OK, but my Galaxy Watch does not. Like you, I get a flashing red light on the charger when I place the watch on it. I am using the wall charger and cable that came with the dual charger. No clue what to do and the Samsung support robot is useless. Since others are having similar problems I am thinking about just returning it.

0 Likes
userXaP2oYrFhz
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue here, I received the Wireless Charger Duo with my S21.  My Galaxy Watch does not charge, the light on the charger blinks red.  The watch charges without an issue with the original wireless charger.

0 Likes
userdZFlH8dIbg
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same exact issue and symptoms. It will start to charge, then stop and red light blinks.

The issue seems to start when the watch decides to post a notification about reaching 50% or for some other reason, show something on the screen. 

0 Likes
roboyo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just talked with Samsung support. They are having me send the charger back to them for an exchange. I will post here when I receive the new charger and if it fixes the issue.

0 Likes
roboyo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just received the replacement charger. Unfortunately, but as I suspected, it behaves exactly the same way. My Galaxy S21 charges fine, but my Galaxy watch will not charge. Must have some compatibility issue with the old Galaxy watch. Maybe I can get them to exchange my old watch for a new Galaxy Watch 3  :)

Blazehenry1
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I actually have a Galaxy Watch 3 and it won't charge on this wireless pad either but the S21 Ultra is fine. Even after a replacement it still won't work. I think they may not actually support any of their watches except the upcoming unannounced Galaxy Watch 4.
0 Likes
roboyo
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
@Blazehenry1 Well I'm glad I didn't upgrade to the Galaxy Watch 3 then, thinking it might work. I'm on my second replacement charger now and it still will not work. Samsung refuses to give me a refund but they will keep sending me replacements. This policy is nuts. I've given up on this charger AND on Samsung support. Good luck to you and anyone with this problem.
user8WgyXgZmzk
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I sent my "feedback" to 

US CEO - I'm sure he doesn't personally see it, but perhaps someone in corporate should know that they have both a product issue, and order support and tech sections that will kick the problem back and forth, but never make good on a product that doesn't work as advertised.

I can dream...

Blazehenry1
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I've given up on this charger. I bought the 2019 version of it off eBay instead. It has a higher rated charging speed for the phone part and the watch charging ACTUALLY works. The only obnoxious thing is that it has a fan that you can distinctly hear in the background.