cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morwen
Cosmic Ray

gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK. I gave my gear fit 2 another try. And honestly, it seemed to work for a couple of weeks Smiley Happy However, last week as I got out of the shower, I noticed a burn on the outside of my writst where my gear fit2 had slipped to. It covers the entire outside of my wrist and extends to the inside. It is not a rash. It even peeled like a sunburn. After 2 burns, I am not willing to wear this device again. Sorry, cause I really liked it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message? We would like to look into this further for you. 

172 REPLIES 172
SamsungAsh
Galaxy

Re: gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey morwen,

I'm sorry to hear about your wrist and I'd love to help you out. 

Can you please send me a private message so that I can get the right team to help you out? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
lisam63
Constellation

Gear Fit2 Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Spoiler
I have bern wearing a gearfit 2 for over 18 months.  This past weekend I noticed a red patch on my right wrist where I wear my gearfit 2.  It is sore & was blistering.   I am using antibiotic cream to help clear it up.  I am afraid to put the gearfit 2 back on after my wrist clears up.  I do not put it on immediately after charging.  How can Samsung help me with this situation?  My gearfit 2 has been an important partner with my Weight Watchers in loosing weight.  I don't want change to another fit wearable.  Thank you Lisa M. Matlock 
The attached picture is from 3 days after discovery. 
mindyw
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear Fit2 Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I returned it once and they said they fixed it but when I got it back I got burned again so i returned it for a refund.  They were nice enough to do so

user5AqGQJjMCc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it is a true burn then take the watch off and it should be completely healed in 1 week. 

With the watch having direct contact to skin for long periods of time a few things can cause skin problems especially for sensitive skin.

If it is a skin condition it will be slow to heal and once taking the watch off it takes more than a week,  can take up to 1 month to heal or more

Eczema or contact dermatitis can look like a burn, sting, itch.

It might sound strange but you can get Eczema under your watch but never get it under any other circumstances and the Eczema will stay under your watch and not spread

Water and sweat under the watch irritates the skin, to fix this take the watch off and dry both your skin and the watch, make sure you put a natural anti-persperant deodorant that is designed for sensitive skin. The less you swear under your watch the better. It might seam weird that you would put deodorant on your wrist but deodorant is specifically designed to stay on your skin for long periods of time and to not be an irritant for sensitive skin 

Getting soapy water under the watch also can cause a reaction, soap is a major irritant for your skin. To fix this don't wear the watch while washing dishes or having a shower but if you do then you need to clean and dry your skin and the watch with a soap free cleansing wipe, to remove the soap and chemicals 

The last potential problem is being allergic to the metal or plastic that the watch is made from. When it interacts with your skin and causes problems. If it is an allergic reaction then don't wear it and notify Samsung so they can look into changing the materials used. Samsung want to create a product that everyone can use.

I will attach a picture of what Eczema can look like

lisam63
Constellation

Gear Fit2 Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Spoiler
I have bern wearing a gearfit 2 for over 18 months.  This past weekend I noticed a red patch on my right wrist where I wear my gearfit 2.  It is sore & was blistering.   I am using antibiotic cream to help clear it up.  I am afraid to put the gearfit 2 back on after my wrist clears up.  I do not put it on immediately after charging.  How can Samsung help me with this situation?  My gearfit 2 has been an important partner with my Weight Watchers in loosing weight.  I don't want change to another fit wearable.  Thank you Lisa M. Matlock 
The attached picture is from 3 days after discovery. 
MyNaya
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like you developed an allergy to a material and/or the contacts on the underside of the face. Pretty sure it's Eczema. 

I ended up selling my GF2 because of this. Changing the band wasn't an option because the reaction only appeared directly under the watch face on the top of my wrist. 

lisam63
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you. It is not eczema.
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@lisam63 have you already talked to support about this? I hope your wrist is doing okay. If you haven't discussed this with our support team or set up any kind of ticket with us, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm more than happy to work with you on this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @lisam63 I haven't had any word from you. I really want to make sure you get proper help on this so if you haven't been assisted yet please send me a PM on here.