cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @user9rliCrzPnO. Please get in contact with our support team ASAP to get this taken care of. We take these concerns very seriously and want to make sure your customer experience is amended. Their number is 1-800-726-7864 & they're open 24/7.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

darivo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel

i know im from outside USA, but could you give us an explain about this problem?

would be good by the trademark to clarify those cases.

thanks in advance..

user9rliCrzPnO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

From Romania this number is invalid. How else could I get in contact with?

Thanks

Highlighted
darivo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

please could you update with the answer that samsung gives you?

in my case, Samsung spain already has the unit to test it.

by phone they declined to say me nothing about this.

user8nEQmnHdZY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has burned me too. I returned it for repair and they mailed it back to the wrong person. I have been without a watch for over a month now. This is ridiculous.  What is wrong with this product and why isn't Sasung backing thier products?

usermwnWGHsgon
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Interestingly i have had a Gear Fit 2 for a bit and over the last couple of days i have noticed my wrist feling rather sore.

I lifted off the watch to find redness on my wrist pretty much directly where the sensors were sat.

I put it back on and thought nothing much more of it.

That night before i took off the watch it was feeling more painful, as i removed it i saw that the skin underneath had reacted somehow and was kind of sticky/slimey (Not fun)

Now i have cleaned it up and cleaned the back of the watch, i am left with a burn mark on my wrist that is starting to scab over (yellowly scab from the burn in some places.

I decided this morning to search and see what the problem is and came across this post.

Needless to say I am glad to know i'm not the only one who has a problem with this watch though. clearly a fault somewhere.

Also i would like to note that i never have had any water make contact with my wrist whilst wearing the watch as suggested in some of the original posts on this forum (I have been uber careful with it)

Photos of the burn can be provided if required

LadyBrynna
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having this problem.  I had my doctor look at it because I thought it might be an allergy.  I've had my fit 2 for almost a year. Other than the glitch that says that I'm climbing stairs when I'm walking in water (24 flights this morning while walking 30 minutes!) I love this watch!, but the burns only started about 6 months ago. I've continued wearing the watch,  and just swap wrists or leave it off every few days. 

If I clean and dry the watch really well,  and make sure that my own skin is very dry,  the burns are less intense.  I'm going to try wearing a thin frantic wristband under it to protect my skin, next.  

It hadn't occurred to me that this might be a factory defect.  I'm interested in a factory solution. 

userYC6xByomiL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the UK and I am having the same problem.  Burns on both wrists now!  Help please!

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm so sorry to hear that @userYC6xByomiL! Are you okay? Since you're in the UK, have you reached out to the Samsung support in your region for assistance? You can reach them directly at www.samsung.com/uk/support or 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864).

mindyw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG- this happened to me last week. I think the water is the issue. I got water under it the day before and by the next day I had an awful burn.gearfit2burn.jpg

Is this what happened to you? I just sent a message to their site. I switched to my right hand and earlier today when I was doing the dishes  I got water under it and suspecting the water possibly causing an issue, I took it off and wiped it off, but it's starting to feel irritated a little underneath. I really like this one. I don't wnat to have to not wear it. It's been great so far and I've only had it a week.