cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermZi4ZplJDH
Constellation

Re: gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue, my daughter got me the gear fitb 2 last year for mothers day because it is water resistant and i walk laps in the pool for exercise.  I wore it for about 2 weeks then felt like an acid burn on the outside of my wrist. Moved to the right arm, same thing. I didnt return because for my daughter it was very expensive so it sits in the drawer. Very sad because i really liked it

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's no reason though you shouldn't be getting use out of a gift your daughter provided for you. I'm really sorry you're experiencing this altogether. You can reach out to the Samsung Support Team and let them know what happened directly, they'll work with you, and either help process a possible return of the device or a replacement.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userbDKUaBttzz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im honestly glad to know I'm not the only one getting burned.  I've had mine a while and stopped wearing it because I thought it was related to my old job. I wore it yesterday and the burn is back.  So annoying

lisam63
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Has your gearfit 2 replacement been working ok? No types of irritation?
Lisa m.
userQsB1gG4Cgx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to me, I contacted Samsung and they didn't want to know, very disappointed, not sure if I should try wearing it again, I don't wear it in the shower or when my hands are in water

RosahhXD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didnt realize the sensor on the back could burn your arm or that the metal might have something bad in it.  I've had a rash/burn pop up three times and i got the watch in late November 17!  It's only been 4ish months.  The earlier version, Gear 2 Neo, never caused me problems.  I couldnt figure out what it was from until i found this post.  The most resent one I'm convinced is a sensor burn because its right where the sensor sits on my arm.  The other two I'm pretty sure are from the surrounding metal.  Its disappointing cuz I wear the watch all the time cuz I run alot and I feel like I'm constantly cleaning it.  What can i do?  Also, has anyone else had problems with connection?  My watch wont automatically connect to my phone anymore.  I'm constantly having to go in and select it to connect then it loses connection later on and I have to go back and connect it again.

rash top 2

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @RosahhXD

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope you're okay. To get this fixed fast, I would advise following the previous suggestion from SamsungMel:

Hey, @user9rliCrzPnO. Please get in contact with our support team ASAP to get this taken care of. We take these concerns very seriously and want to make sure your customer experience is amended. Their number is 1-800-726-7864 & they're open 24/7.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

mindyw
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ended up returning mine

user1TQPABwmar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You want to get that checked, in case the metal has any harmful materials. If your skin has scabbed it could have caused more damage to yourself.  Get it checked and confirm back here 

Linda21
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rubbish - lots of people are receiving burns from the Gear Fit 2.  I've screenshot this page to put together for my official complaint through the press who are very interested.