cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGXnwkK5xdR
Astronaut

Re: gear fit2 burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear fit 2 has scarred my wrist i had huge blisters and it goes all around my wrist my family say it looks like a chemical burn. I'm disabled and need it to keep me active but I'm scared it is doing more damage then thought.

Not sure what to do it was not cheap and can't afford to buy another.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about that! I hope you're okay, I want to reach out to you in private messages so that we can work with you to find the best solution as quickly as possible! Thanks for reaching out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useruLoADy0ybH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same thing happen to me about a month ago. I stopped wearing it to let my wrist heal, and started up wearing it last week again, and the rash is back.  As for everyone else, I'm thinking it's happening when I am sweating.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruLoADy0ybH

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this as well. If you could send me a private message, I would be more than happy to help you in getting this concern addressed.

userZ4CPRo0UP0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this problem to. I love the device and could it be from sweat. I don't get it wet only maybe once in a while. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear this, @userZ4CPRo0UP0, if you have any difficulty with your device, we suggest that you reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be the best equipped to let you know about all of your repair options.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1TQPABwmar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I had the same issue with mine and it cracked the screen. What's worrying is I was wearing it at the time and could have caused some serious damage. Samsung have asked for me to send this in for investigation so it can be fixed and they provide a response which provides confidence this won't happen again.

I will know more in a few days 

user1TQPABwmar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was advised by Samsung they couldn't do anything about this. It seems Samsung is happy with people burning their wrists with one of their products !!!!!!!!!!

usernvzKuBsx1i
Constellation

Gear Fit 2 Pro Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, this is happening to me too! I have had my watch for almost 2 months and noticed the burns this morning. I don't swim or shower with it, although I should be able to. The most water it'll have is from washing my hands!

This is very irritating because of how bad the burn looks and I am a big Samsung fan. This is my first smart watch and although I get a few glitches here and there, steps not counting, flights of stairs way below my actual, battery not terribly but noticeably bad and having to restart the watch from time to time for functions to "unfreeze" (more than enough reasons to write bad reviews and return it), I was still willing to keep it. But the burns, that's too much too far!

I thought it was just me so I don't want to buy another one because it'll just happen again. What are the solutions to avoid it from happening again?

userF4S3IIgzsM
Constellation

Re: Gear Fit 2 Pro Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this watch for about 9-10 months and about 4 months ago it started randomly irritating and buring my wrist.  I switched wrists and it seemed to solve the problem for a couple weeks.  Now both wrist are red, irritated, and have burns and scabs.  I really like the watch and want to continue wearing it, but can't continue with these ugly burns on both wrists.  Let me know what I should do.