cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYd9z7hZ252
Asteroid

gear s3 - invalid utf 8 error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

after updating my phone to android 9 i get "invalid utf 8" error instead of the name of the caller. i have resetted both, my phone and my gears s3 watch without solving the issue. need help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: gear s3 - invalid utf 8 error

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairs would be recommended. Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
First and Last Name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate phone Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

26 REPLIES 26
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the issue occur when the device is being ran in safe mode?

You can locate the steps to place your device into safe mode here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001188/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userYd9z7hZ252
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have no idea how to turn samsung gear s3 frontier in safe mode. it's a smartwatch. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe mode on your mobile device that sends the contact caller display to the watch. What type of phone are you using? We can provide you the steps if it's a Samsung model.

userYd9z7hZ252
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have checked with my phone in safe mode. the same issue. when i recieve a message , the sender name it apears on my watch. also the caller's name after the call

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairs would be recommended. Can you please send us a private message with the below information here: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL
First and Last Name:
Property Address:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Alternate phone Number:
(15) Digit IMEI Number:
Model Number:

userYd9z7hZ252
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am still waiting for a solution, if somebody knows one. thank you!

userCXn0d3kmkV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue IS NOT SOLVED!

Sapalex
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, after update to Android 9.0

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sapalex

Hello,

What troubleshooting steps have you already tried?