cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fizdog
Constellation

iPhone X’s max won’t find the gear icons 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I just got this iPhone XS Max iOS version 12.1 today and I’m trying to pair my gear iconx 2018 headphones, the iPhone cannot find the headphones once in Bluetooth pairing mode. I found my old iPhone 6 Plus iOS version 11.3 to test to see if it was just the new iPhone and nothing, same results. They worked fine in the iPhone X I replaced with the XS max. 

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: iPhone X’s max won’t find the gear icons 2018

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns, Have you tried clearing the cache, forgetting the device and trying to repair the device to bluetooth?

If clearing the cache does not resolve, the next troubleshooting step would be to reset the gear icon x in the gear wearable application.

You can locate the steps to reset the gear icon x here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG00666451/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us to address your concerns, Have you tried clearing the cache, forgetting the device and trying to repair the device to bluetooth?

If clearing the cache does not resolve, the next troubleshooting step would be to reset the gear icon x in the gear wearable application.

You can locate the steps to reset the gear icon x here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG00666451/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

fizdog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the response. This is a brand new out of the box phone. Nothing was paired to it. 

A rep I chatted with said it wasn’t compatible. However I finally got it to work so they shouldn’t just give false information. Thanks again. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your are more than welcome, We are so glad that the response helped you find a solution to your concerns! Thank you for being a valuable part of the community!