Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sthig
Asteroid

iconx 2018 soft to no volume

JUMP TO SOLUTION

was excited to get the new iconX 2018s and for the most part they are ok... have been running with them every other day, and they have been fine.  

On yesteday's run I noticed the left earbud got extremely soft in volume but after a while it reset itself, today the right one is now doing it and it's not gotten any better even after an hour of letting it sit there.

This is concerning about the quality of these guys, am I doing something wrong and is there something I Can do to fix it (yes, I know, I can reset them which means I have to go through the entire rigamorole of everything, but if it's going to be that, I'll just return these)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: iconx 2018 soft to no volume

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, if you are having trouble with your device, and you have already attempted to reset your device, please reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be happy to let you know about the repair options available to you. Thanks so much for reaching out! 😄

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

209 REPLIES 209
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userg37EECrDYf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have the same problem. It only happens on the left earbud.

It feels like the earbud disconnect then reconnect again or going from stero to mono to stero fast.

sshank21
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this exact same problem, just posted a thread abt it. I've tried to fix it but to no avail

user6A3cu7bgLb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem! 

user4RVlzu4eI6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the low volume problem on my left earbud. I have had these for a little over a month now and I first noticed the volume issue about two weeks ago. 

This is my third Samsung headphone product. I have experienced the exact same problem with all three and the ICONX costs three times as much as the Level U Pros that I had before. 

I'm going to call Samsung in just a little bit, but I also have a one year warranty through AT&T, so I will check with them as well. Samsung should be doing a better job with this. 

user2wRjMZtYvr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, i went through 2 pairs before finally returning them for the time being. I noticed the issue started occuring with the most recent note 8 update, perhaps could be the issue.

usernEgKBfydEX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today mine did this. I use them daily now i can't hear the right and the left is super low.

CM-Sam-Note8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good Lord, why would we rip them apart?  If the problem is in the buds, go buy another brand new setup at the store, switch out the earpieces ONLY, return the ones you just bought along with all the new stuff/box, etc., of the new ones using the new receipt to the store.  The store will, in turn, send them back to Samsung as defective.  If everyone did this, SAMSUNG would THEN DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM as now it's their pocketbook (not ours) that's taking a hit, and they'll find the SOLUTION/FIX, instead of just providing solutions that don't work while smiling all the way to their bank with our hard-earned money we spent on this over-priced mediocre product!

usereHjr8Chs4J
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Everyone, 

I think the issue is a manufacturing defect. I simply removed a white filter inside the ear buds and then the issue went away .