cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user91f6bprvSI
Constellation

Re: iconx 2018 soft to no volume

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue with the right one, when battery gets low but when it charge it's fine. I reset them 3 times all ready

useryN3vosuV2l
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is ear wax clogging those teeny-tiny mesh holes in the earpiece.  It needs cleaning, use a dilution of soapy water on a DAMP cloth only!!  If that doesn't work, you can try removing the mesh with a pin and soaking it in fairly warm, slightly soapy water for about a minute to dissolve the wax.  But it is a pain to replace it and who knows if it will stay after that!  Just did mine and the volume is back to normal.  I think Samsung dropped the ball on this!  I'd prefer something you could safely pop off to clean periodically!

userJuUXmiNw8F
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cleaning it works. Take the rubber ear bud off, use a pin to remove the black mesh, use a pin to remove the white filter, clean both in water (water filled bottle cap), tap dry on clean cloth (not tissue which sticks to the filter) then replace. This works for me, at least for now. Don't know why--they didn't look soiled. Maybe something reset in the electronics by taking off the filter, by changing impedance or echo or something.

Highlighted
userNNhZ3EsIW7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is really working
Works fine with my AKG earphones
Won't do it with the Gear iconx 2018 for now
Thanks man
LaneR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never thought taking out the white layer would help. I removed it and scrapped it off and the earbuds are so loud now..

userypLprkTjWw
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this exact same issue. I took out the black mesh and white mesh underneath on both earbuds and it totally fixed the problem!! I think the these get clogged very easily and Samsung should think about this design for the future. Meanwhile, I'll have mesh less earbuds with crisp sound!

user0yGBE2L0HD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung refuses to aknowledge they have released a bad product.  On paper they seem amazing.  Even in practice in a controlled environment they work well.  But if you even as much as think about water your ear buds will be permanently damaged.  Running with them in did one of two things..it damaged internal components or caused the adhesive in the buds to "melt" and then resolidify muting the sound.  Sure you can send them in.  Pay shipping and handling twice for them to tell you its water damage, you are at fault, tough luck.  In todays super competitive tech market Samsung, in order to push the envelope and stay ahead of competition, has released faulty products.  This practice is going to affect sales.   Eventually they will make a worth while product again, but for the time being..buyer beware.

user4s1bCcwDkc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine had two small circles of paper stuck in the holes where the sound comes out. I fished them out, and the earbuds work fine. I’m not sure it that was part of the packaging of the rubber holders, but it was definitely blocking the sound and it did work initially...

Armymen
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION !!!!

Step 1 : Buy those : https://www.complyfoam.com/products/tg-truegrip/

Step 2 : Wait until you have them

Step 3 : Remove existing ear-tip, black mesh and white mesh.

Step 4 : Put the new one.

Those new Headphone tips have a mesh inside that protect the headphone so no crud falls into the hole. I also got 6 tips in the package.

I finally have full sound both ears.

TrAzZdotCoM
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thats not a solution.... Why spend an extra $20 to fix Samsungs problem? I've been mesh-less for over a year now and my earbuds have been fine. Never had a sound quality problem since and I exercise with my earbuds everyday.