cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersOnNimMg7F
Constellation

Re: iconx 2018 soft to no volume

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. Ultimately did u get this issue resolved? If so what was the solution? Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Were you able to try cleaning the buds or any of the above troubleshooting steps to resolve your concerns?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usernEgKBfydEX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just started doing this on the right side today March 14th 2018 after 2 months of using them fairly often pretty much daily. I tried all the troubleshooting tips and nothing helped 😔

userhzV86963Id
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought mine at the beginning of the year for running. I loved them until I had this problem during a long run. The right earbud had little to no sound. I talked to customer service, sent them in, and they sent me a new pair. Now, after only a couple weeks, my new pair has the same exact problem. This is clearly a design defect of some sort. 

TrAzZdotCoM
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Icon X 2018 Users: I HAVE FOUND THE FIX

These headphones suck... Haha. Really tho, i just bought mine and they came low sound even after turning them all the way up. After searching google and finding this thread, I was unable to find a fix... Even resetting the headphones did nothing. Long story short... I was ready to return them until i decided to clean them... Yes, clean brand new headphones I just ordered. Ok.. Maybe they were used. Anyways, It seemed to be a wax issue. Although i didnt physically see any earwax, you never know. Everyone is complaining how it worked good for so long and now it doesnt especially when working out... Its your wax blocking the sound. After cleaning mines i told a few friends who owned and lost sound in either 1 or both of the buds and the sound magically returned. Please try following all steps before trolling this.

Heres what you do to clean them:

1. Remove the rubber ear thing that goes into your ear...

2. Wipe the actual speaker with your shirt . (It's what I did. Do not deviate from this as you may have a different outcome)

3. Use a very small safety pin or something to lift up the black thing on the speaker.. Whatever that thing is called lift that up CAREFULLY. I used a sewing needle and started from the side. 

I was playing a youtube video while cleaning and after the black thing on the speaker was lifted, a burst of sound just started coming out. Was music to my ears.. Literally. Anyways, i believe this is the fix to EVERYONE'S PROBLEM. You sweat, your earwax sinks in below what is visible to clean, mixed with heat maybe it will start blocking your sound. Do this every so often to fix people.

You all are welcome!

userhHAaboATcm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that the mesh is the caused of the low volume on earbuds due to excessive ear wax. It just happend to mine and taking them off fixed the volume problem.

userQbkf52NPTC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm this as well with a slight difference. Under the black mesh on mine was another piece of material that was white. I removed that and put the mesh black back in and the sound works great now, like new.

userXZ1F12UX7H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me for the second time. Returned first pair to samsung and they sent me new one have been using them for about a month now and the right one went quite 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the same thing happen if you connect a different pair of headphones? It does not have to be a Samsung pair.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user05Zr0dQnFV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The volume level of my gear icon X (2018) is too low. I've othes bluetooth earphones (Like pamu and Meizu EP52) and the maximun volume of gear icon x is about 60% of the two others. I've set adapt sound of S8+ and I can hear only 1 sounf od setting. I'm very desapointed of this gadget. I've reset it several times, clean the earbuds, but is frustrated. I left it in my runnings, because i can't hear any sound (only my foosteps). My others phones are much more cheap, and much better than samung gear icon X