How Can I Remove the Samsung Milk Music App from my Phone

Asteroid

How Can I Remove the Samsung Milk Music App from my Phone

[ Edited ]

Since Milk Music is no longer supported, how do I remove the app from my phone? Galaxy S6

6 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: How Can I Remove the Samsung Milk Music App from my Phone

If you go directly to the Play Store app, or the Galaxy App Store, do you get an option to uninstall now? I have no way of checking on my current device as I've never had Milk in the first place. But once I get access to our lab, I can check on this for you. Who is your current carrier?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

I uninstalled it the same way I uninstall my other unwanted apps:  1st, I tapped on the app (which was embedded in the Samsung icon), then held my finger on it until the trashcan/uninstall icon appeared at the top of the screen, then moved it to there.  It verified that I wanted t o uninstall, and I did.  It doesn't show up anywhere now, so presumably it's uninstalled, as opposed to disabled.

Asteroid

SamsungMarcos wrote:

If you go directly to the Play Store app, or the Galaxy App Store, do you get an option to uninstall now? I have no way of checking on my current device as I've never had Milk in the first place. But once I get access to our lab, I can check on this for you. Who is your current carrier?

I can only uninstall the last update, but the app itself will not uninstall. My carrier is Metro PCS. Thank you!

Asteroid

useroWIOHpjQq4 wrote:

I uninstalled it the same way I uninstall my other unwanted apps:  1st, I tapped on the app (which was embedded in the Samsung icon), then held my finger on it until the trashcan/uninstall icon appeared at the top of the screen, then moved it to there.  It verified that I wanted t o uninstall, and I did.  It doesn't show up anywhere now, so presumably it's uninstalled, as opposed to disabled.

I tried this, but it only removed the shortcut from my home screen. The app still shows up in Applications. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

So it looks like there's probably a strong chance the application, even though it's dead, can't be removed completely from the device. I was told some carriers MAY have pushed out updates to allow this, but that was just speculation, I'd have no way of testing myself for every carrier. As long as it's disabled, you can force stop it, clear it's data and cache, and just make sure to remove it from your homescreen. Hide it in a folder somewhere, and never look at it again, haha.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

SamsungMarcos wrote:

So it looks like there's probably a strong chance the application, even though it's dead, can't be removed completely from the device. I was told some carriers MAY have pushed out updates to allow this, but that was just speculation, I'd have no way of testing myself for every carrier. As long as it's disabled, you can force stop it, clear it's data and cache, and just make sure to remove it from your homescreen. Hide it in a folder somewhere, and never look at it again, haha.

I have already removed the app from my home screen; however, it still uses up precious ROM, but for now, at least, that's not a critical issue. Thanks again. Maybe in the future Samsung will allow the app to be completely wiped from my device.