How can I download emails (push to phone via native app Note 9 phone) WITHOUT synchronising?

Highlighted
Astronaut

How can I download emails (push to phone via native app Note 9 phone) WITHOUT synchronising?

I need to get my emails to my Galaxy Note 9 phone, preferably with the native email app. However, it won't retrieve email (I think) -- and yes I mean email, not just notifications that they're there -- without enabling synchronisation. Thing is, if I delete an email from my phone, I do NOT want it deleted from the server. I need the email left on the server for later download into a PC.

I want / need my phone to only have a subset of currently active emails, not every last thing - which means I also don't want to have everything on my PC (the master set) on my phone - it's just way too many, especially when clients send huge files that I can't even work on on a phone.

I turned off autosync, but a test showed that deleting the message still takes it of the server; and worse, I don't get new email.

Anyone have any idea how I can get emails pushed to the phone without synchronising? Note: BlackBerry Hub  for android does it just fine, I can "refresh" at will at get emails, with an option to NOT delete from server. The sad part, and why I'm asking this question, is that the Hub has been rather unreliable and emails (for a few days at a time) arrive with only the header and subject line - no body. This has happened three times since mid November, and there's no way to re-download the messages in the Hub. That leaves me with Samsung.

Insights and "how to" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.