Note 8 stops charging at 96%!!!???

Constellation

Note 8 stops charging at 96%!!!???

My Note 8 is having a problem with charging. It stops charging at 96%. When the battery reaches 96%, the red/orange led indicating the charging is off. I check the battery setting and still see the thunderbolt symbol and the "charger connected" text.

I have to unplug and replug the charger and let the screen on to make the phone fully charge (100%) but the notification is not green. Usually, for my Samsungsung phone, the led will turn green when the battery is full.

Does anyone have experience with this problem?

3 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 8 stops charging at 96%!!!???

Hello there, @userMcHG4pOcbI
I certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can the Community have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier, when you started noticing this happen, and what you've already tried to fix it. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have sent my phone to Samsung service twice but the problem is still persisting. I notice that the charging process will not be interrupted when the phone screen is on. Whenever the screen is off, the phone will only charge for a few seconds - to a minute then it will stop charging - the red/orange led will turn off as well.

I have to enable the developer mode and keep the "on screen while charging" option on and the phone will charge full 100%. Many people are having this problem and Samsung does not provide any solution for this. So terrible!!!!

I think the problem here is the firmware/software on Note 8. 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.