JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problems with menu button and back button on a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime

(Topic created: 07-23-2017 08:59 PM)
userJWwvaIre92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm a new and proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy j7 Prime and I've only had this phone for about a month-and-a-half now and as today of July 23rd 2017 my back button and my menu button have both stopped working and they are not even lit up if anybody can help me please let me know. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userhkNi31sZVM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I did this and it didn't work.
0 Likes
userZ2NZC4cXCh
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same thing here... j7 updated software back in February and within a day, both lower (return and multi) keys no longer light or responded. Updated all software, removed all newer apps (just in case of conflict between 2 apps offering keypads), ran device maintenance, factory data reset and finally a restore... still not working. I bought an LG later that week... nothing but problems with the LG... so this week I pulled out the j7 figuring 2 bad buttons are better than all the issues with the LG. Low and behold... both buttons worked! Yay? And a day later... off and unresponsive again.
0 Likes
userEBjC2ZfOQe
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung is the Best Company in this mobile worl but we dont need any problem in ours new phone i have j7 prime 16 gb but back and multi task button not work Sir i need your help Sir plzz My phone is under in warranty but samsung care mans says in your phone liquid problem Sir plz help me @

*************@gmail.com

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userEBjC2ZfOQe

Were you able to try any of the troubleshooting mentioned above?  🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userjnYMqGsHrY
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
did you ever get it resolved?
0 Likes
uservul02oGZT5
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Left button touch is   less sensitivity, not working through tempered glass.

0 Likes
useriEexwh6yAC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

posibal or not back home buttan change  connaction waire

0 Likes
useriEexwh6yAC
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

sir please help me home battan back buttan how to sallv

0 Likes
Loyd Koon
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do a factory reset to clear the remnants left over from the update. Then power on and it should work like factory new.

0 Likes
userGRkkY2RH5p
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Will doing a factory reset lose my installed apps
0 Likes