cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

5 Year Old UK55S8000 Screen Flickers and Vertically Rolls—What can I do to Fix?

We bought a 55in SUHD TV five years ago and the screen now flickers and vertically with more and more frequency as the days go by. Is this a common flaw in these TVs? Does this model really only last 5 years?

I've trying resetting it a couple times as well as turning off some of the settings that other boards have suggested and nothing works. I'm assuming based on some of the posts I've read here that SAMSUNG will not be much of a resource in resolving this.

Anyone have any suggestions or am just about to buy a new TV from another manufacturer?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 5 Year Old UK55S8000 Screen Flickers and Vertically Rolls—What can I do to Fix?

Does it happen on all sources, inputs, and the picture test? I see that you've done a reset a few times; what type of reset have you done?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: 5 Year Old UK55S8000 Screen Flickers and Vertically Rolls—What can I do to Fix?

All inputs, yes, (when streaming from Wifi, using the DVD player, using the PS4).

I have unplugged the TV from power several times and given it a chance to reboot and I have complete reset the TV thru it's own menu to factory settings.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for verifying that information. At this point, service is recommended. I would be delighted to see what options we have available to you Smiley Happy Please send me a private message with the full model and serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ok, how do I PM you?

Highlighted
Constellation

I am very grateful for the response time to my questions both here and in the AI moderator's responses. And the offer to cover the cost of repair via extended warranty was quite helpful. However I can't mark my situation as "solved" until the TV has been repaired. Especially seeing posts from others who've been waiting weeks to hear back at all from repair agents.

I will be glad to mark my case solved and sing Samsung's CSR service's praises with the utmost speed when the as yet unnamed repair service completes the repair at the as yet unspecified time.

Highlighted
Constellation

Repair service has been scheduled now thankfully. I'm excited and hopeful that the issue can be resolved and save me from having to purchase another TV.