cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userd6IkZw40s7
Asteroid

65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel to top of TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought this TV in Sept of 2016 and just now noticed very dark haze going from the left center of the panel up to the top. It looks like the panel is going out or some of the LED lights are out down there.

This is very dissapointing since I trust Samsng with all my eletronics including cell phones. Has anyone been able to locate a fix for this issue. I tried to unplug the panel along with a factory reset. I am outside of the facotry warranty and its been too long for Best Buy to take it back. I bought this TV expecting to keep it for many years since it was the premium top of the line model that year.

Model: UN65KS8500

Software Version: T-JZMAKUC-1240.0

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 65” KS8000 dark shadow center of panel to top of TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be delighted to assist you a bit further. Could you send me your serial number via private message

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide me with a picture of the symptom you are experiencing?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userd6IkZw40s7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190726_162021.jpg20190726_162151.jpg20190726_162036.jpg20190726_162028.jpg

userd6IkZw40s7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

20190726_193837.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would be delighted to assist you a bit further. Could you send me your serial number via private message

View solution in original post

userd6IkZw40s7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exceptional customer service from Samsung.

They quickly tackled this issue with amazing commnication and customer service getting a company to come out and completly replace my panel FREE of charge. I have been a loyal Samsung user of all types of eletronics but this really sets the bar for a major company doing whats best for its customer base.

Thanks Samsung for the constant communication and resolution to this issue!

Sabache
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really?!!  I've been trying to get help for mine for months.  I have a UN65KS8500FXZA that I bought a couple years back, that just starting flickering and turning on and off and they were absolutely no help....   What kind of pull do you have with these folks, and can I have some?  When I go back to see if there are any responses to my original question, this is what I find.

Untitled.png

userSwRsAraqv8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN60KS8000 also just got the dark shadow that runs vertically close to down the middle of the screen. This just happened 24 hours ago.  I bought the TV direct from Samsung Dec 2016 and it seems to be an issue with the KS8000 Models.  I see some people have had the issue resolved by having the screen replaced.  Obviously my tv is out of warranty but seems like this issue is not a normal wear issue but rather a manufacture issue.  I would like this issue resolved since I feel this TV should have lasted much longer without this kind of issue.Samsung screen issue..jpg I have multiple Samsung devices in my home and would like to continue being a samsung customer in the future, but not if support for their products is lacking. Please advise!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, can I have your full model number and serial number in private message?

Highlighted
userSwRsAraqv8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Issue was resolved!  After IM with moderator and explaining the issue and troubleshooting steps I had taken, they set me up with a one time out of warranty fix, parts and labor.  They had a local company come out and replace the screen.  It took an extra week because they had to order the new screen.  Despite the issue with the faulty screen I Am very satisfied with the way Samsung handled the issue.  My hope is that they will continue to provide similar product support in the future.  Thank you Samsung Support!