cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

65 " Curved TV now switchin on. Status light blinking

I purchased a 65" Curved TV 11/26/2016 (UN65KS8500)  from bestbuy Frisco, Texas and it was working fine .  Black screen appeared suddenly while it was working.   I tried all trouble shooting steps suggested.

I have even contacted samsung repair center, they told me that i have to replace the panel and it will cost 1463+Tax, I purchased the TV by paying around 1600 . Paying 1550 (incl Tx)  is the repair cost suggested by the Samsung Repair support team !!!!.

I feel they are cheating the customers, A TV's life span is only 3.5 Years !!.   

I know it is electronic products and product may fail at times.  But being an established brand they should give fair cusotmer support.

Is there any solutions , 

Please advise

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: 65 " Curved TV now switchin on. Status light blinking

Dear @userJfNOQfLyIo 

I hope you are doing well.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but once a black screen appeared on the display, there won't be much troubleshooting we can solve the issue. Replacing the display would be the best option. I know the price of repairing the television is high, it is due to the fact the display is curved. It's a lot more material and labor to make the curve display rather than the regular. I provided you a link to schedule a service for your television set. The service team is an actual authorize Samsung team that will be attempting to repair the television.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/

I hope I was able to answer and provide some support for your concern about your television.

Be sure to click " Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.