JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 04:15 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
useroOidNSEd92
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the same issue. Was anyone able to get the issue resolved and did Samsung respond back? 

0 Likes
usern8adQMuhOW
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My KS8000 screen has the same flickering as shown on your video. Purchased  my TV in February of 2017 and have enjoyed viewing the vivid color and brightness of the display while watching 4K movies and other high definition broadcasts.  The screen flicker started in september (2020) of this year while we were watching a animated movie late in the day and became progressively worse over the next weeks. As mentioned by other users the TV does not flicker after a period of off time and then starts to flicker after about 60 minutes of on time. This is the third Samsung that I have owned since buying  my first in 2008 and have been very satisfied with the other TVs (LCD/LED).  Before I read the other user experiences on this forum I was considering repair of the TV,  now I am not so convinced that  I will pursue this option. The TV might just make it to the E-Waste pile at my local recycler.  Not Sure what Samsung is providing in the way of a Solution for this Problem ?

IowaJack
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the exact same issue on my 55KS8000.  Absolutely zero problems until today. Pretty dang torn up about it.

0 Likes
userczZplTiD0L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same exact problem with my UE55KS7580UXZG, firmware ver. 1242.

video 

Ken5
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi, as mentioned in the subject, my 65" KS8000 bought in 2016 is starting to experience massive backlight defects around the edges.  Some edges have extremely bright blue LEDs, some places have backlight banding from the bottom to the top, and some areas just have strange bright artifacts on the panel.  Also the TV is so hot in these places it actually burns me if i touch it, I'm legitimately worried about my house catching on fire.

From what I have gathered from other posts, it seems as if these units eventually start to go bad, overheat massively (for one reason or another), and panel separation starts to occur, my guess is the LCD panel from the backlight diffuser.

I've been a longtime customer of samsung products, TVs, multiple phones, computer monitors, but this seems awfully bad to me for a high end TV to die in 3 years of ownership.  I don't really want to pay 100$ for a technician to come out to tell me what i already know, that the entire panel needs to be replaced for what is essentially the cost of a brand new TV.  Is there anything Samsung support can actually do here?  Happy to provide details in a PM.

0 Likes
userczZplTiD0L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

This worked for me:
-Unplug tv from a power outlet, let it sit over night
-Turn on the tv the next day, turn off hdmi uhd color, lower your tv's resolution to 1080p

During the first two days with this setting my tv flickered two or three times for a couple of seconds and then it would go back to normal without me doing anything. After two days the picture has been rock steady for three days now. I’ve also noticed that my screen is radiating less heat now.

I suspect this to be a software bug or the update just didn't sit well with the tv.
I hope this will get resolved with the next update, I am curently on 1242.

0 Likes
PNWbyNW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My issue (and many others') is not a software issue, it's some issue with the panel (or t-con board which is integrated in the panel). Unplugging the TV or leaving it off for some time to let the TV cool down will only temporarily mitigate the issue, but then the issue will gradually reappear again in my case. At first the issue was not so bad for me but it has progressively gotten worse.

As it seems to be some known issue Samsung kindly agreed to repair mine out of warranty. Already had the tech come to diagnose the problem and they confirmed it was a panel issue, just waiting for the new panel to arrive now. 

0 Likes
userczZplTiD0L
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes, you are right. The flicker came back.

That's it, I'll never buy another Samsung Tv again.

End of story.

userW4yQn8iKox
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I'm having the SAME EXACT problem with mine, how did you get Samsung to help you? I spent a nice penny on this TV and would like Samsung to help if they want to keep a customer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes