JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 04-29-2020 03:49 PM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

98 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We would be happy to look into this further.  Could you send us a private message with your model and serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
PNWbyNW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

For the past few month my UN65KS8000FXZA TV has started to flicker/glitch after it has been on for a couple hours. After the TV has been on for some time, the screen will begin to kind of jump/jitter a bit vertically, and it will progressively get worse until it goes from annoying to unwatchable. This happens on all inputs and apps, even on the TV's menus and start screen, and with the OneConnect box disconnected, so it is definitely not related to any specific app, input, or the OneConnect box. When I first noticed this issue it would only appear after a few hours of use, but now it begins to happen after about 90 mins and I fear it is getting progressively worse. Turning the TV off for some time (the longer, the better) will temporarily fix the issue, so I suspect it is somehow related to overheating or overuse. To be honest, I initially didn't have a lot of hope for Samsung helping to fix this as it is now a 3-year-old, out-of-warranty TV, so I already tried replacing the power supply and main board myself, but neither fixed the issue, and I guess it must be some bad component (maybe cheap capacitors?) in the panel itself. I've also read that the timing control board is integrated into the panel on this model, but that the panel is cost prohibitive to replace. 

I have seen other posts on this board and on AVForums/Reddit detailing similar issues, so it seems I am not alone in this. I absolutely loved this TV for the first 3 years, but I am disappointed this would happen for what is supposed to be a premium-quality brand and model. I would be extremely appreciative if there is anything that Samsung can do to help or address the issue at this point to keep me a loyal customer, but if the whole unit needs to be replaced out of pocket I seriously doubt I will be buying another Samsung TV again.

user1TRRTtAJz5
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having the same picture flickering issues with my UN65KS8000FXZA.  These models should last longer than 3 years.  It sounds like you have replaced most of the big components with no resolution, despressing.   I don't want to buy a new TV but it sounds like it's the only choice.  Guess I will jump ship to LG.  So disappointing and a waste of money on a high end TV that is a piece of junk now only 36 months later.  

rgwsell1
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I just sat down at my computer to write a new post and to ask for help. As it turns out you have already done that for me as I would have written exactly what you wrote.(just finished with the main board and power board swap out today). I just  wish i had found your post a week ago. I to loved this unit and it was the first time I moved up to what was to be nicer unit. Not sure i am going to do it again. If i do it will cetainly not be a Samsung. Very Dissapointing. Good Luck.

user1TRRTtAJz5
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Yes very disappointing. What is very disappointing is that no one from Samsung has responded to these posts. Someone has to of had this problem fixed, please tell us how to fix it please Samsung.   My 36 month old tv is not watchable and is more or less a paperweight.  

user3hHA0H3c7h
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I spent some time w/ Samsung customer support today. I've the same UN65KS800DFXZA (bought from Costco in 2017). Obvioulsy factory reset didn't solve this. They referred me to a local service center. If it comes down to replacing the panel that's not worth it. 

I really want somebody from Samsung to respond to this issue. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Please send a private message with the serial number as well as photos of the symptoms so that I can look into what options we have available: http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userSpWa88IP5u
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I am having this same problem, local technician believed it was some issue with overheating in the panel, but would not be affordable to fix. Disappointed in Samsung and planning to switch to LG.

PNWbyNW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Here is a video showing the symptoms which I would like to publicly share for others who are facing the same problem. I will private message my serial number and info. You can see in the video that the screen will intermittently flicker and shake up and down vertically, and that this happens on apps, system menus, and HDMI inputs. The TV will work alright for an hour or so but once it has been on for longer these symptoms begin to show up and progressively get worse until it is unwatchable.

useriUUbE7CW0d
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Having the same issue. Did you find a solution yet?