cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

7100 keeps turning off and on

My Samsung tv 55 7100 keeps turning on and off. It's been happening for about a year now. But I just lived with it because eventually it stopped. Now it just never stops it keeps turning off and on no matter what. Anyone find a solution or cause as to why this is happening? This is the second time a Samsung TV ive owned just inexplicably stopped working. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: 7100 keeps turning off and on

Hey @userY0hO0dKt8V ,

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this issue.  Have you tried unplugging the tv for about 30 seconds if not that would be step one if that keeps the screen on I would immediately go to settings and run an update on the tv.  If you have the power on with mobile option on I would also disable this temporarily until you can verify that it has stopped power cycling.  If these steps do not work it may be a bad power supply board which at that point contacting 1-800-SAMSUNG for in home service may be the way to go.  I hope that was helpful.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

Highlighted
Constellation

@ddsanchez_82 wrote:

Hey @userY0hO0dKt8V ,

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this issue.  Have you tried unplugging the tv for about 30 seconds if not that would be step one if that keeps the screen on I would immediately go to settings and run an update on the tv.  If you have the power on with mobile option on I would also disable this temporarily until you can verify that it has stopped power cycling.  If these steps do not work it may be a bad power supply board which at that point contacting 1-800-SAMSUNG for in home service may be the way to go.  I hope that was helpful.

Take Care,

ddsanchez_82

Thanks for the tips. I have tried pulling out the plug and leaving it for 30s but it seems it didn't help. I don't think my Samsung has an update mechanism, it's hard to navigate the menu when once the power flickers the menu freezes. The tv might be on the older side of things. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

Sometimes TVs can connect to SmartThings automatically.

However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

For troubleshooting purposes try navigating to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off. 

Otherwise, have you tried unplugging the TV for 30 seconds, as well as updating the software?

If nothing above works I suggest you reach out to 1-800-SAMSUNG for further troubleshooting and escalations.

Hope this is helpful!

Highlighted
Constellation

@Zolfur wrote:

Hello,

Sometimes TVs can connect to SmartThings automatically.

However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.

For troubleshooting purposes try navigating to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off. 

Otherwise, have you tried unplugging the TV for 30 seconds, as well as updating the software?

If nothing above works I suggest you reach out to 1-800-SAMSUNG for further troubleshooting and escalations.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately I don't believe my tv is new enough to have power on by mobile so chances are its a faulty supply.