Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

75" NU8000 TV made loud pop sound then died

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

My Samsung 75" TV (NU8000 Series, only less than two years old) suddenly made a loud pop sound and turned off, and now has no power at all (won't turn on anymore, no standby light either).  The power outlet works fine, so I assume this is a problem with the TV's power board.

Samsung's website says the support phone number is available "8AM-12AM EST 7 days a week", but my call was transferred to a message saying they are currently closed.  I tried the text message (62913) option and received a message saying "I am having some trouble at the moment", then no further resposes to anything I say.  Not sure why all of these supposedly available resources are leading to dead ends...  I would appreciate any suggestion on how to reach someone at Samsung to discuss how to proceed with getting the TV checked out and repaired.

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 75" NU8000 TV made loud pop sound then died

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just sent the private message.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
sounds like a power surge hit it and fried the power board I would just look into getting a new TV if you got it from best buy you can call their tech support and ask them
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, do you see any damages on the plug or the outlet for the TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No visible damage on the TV's plug or outlet (at least not that I can see - still looks good as new to me).

The wall outlet still works fine (other devices still turn on), and the TV's power cable also works fine (tried connecting it to another Samsung device and it works).

Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just sent the private message.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Power board has been replaced, and the TV works again now.  Thanks again for all your help!