cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

ARC Not Working UN55MU6500F and Yamaha YAS-108

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I have a Samsung UN55MU6500F smart tv and am connecting it to a Yamaha YAS-108 soundbar. 

The ARC feature is not working properly. I connect the HDMI cable to HDMI3 on the TV and to the HDMI out on the Yamaha YAS-108. Anynet+ is also enanled on the TV.

The TV will turn on the YAS, and also turn it off.

However, I cannot hear any sound at all.

Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: ARC Not Working UN55MU6500F and Yamaha YAS-108

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is a bit late, but in case you weren't able to fix it, I found something that might help.

I had the same issues with my YAS-108 soundbar and my UN40MU6300FXZA TV; HDMI connected properly, CEC enabled on the TV, and the TV could even control the soundbar, but no sound. I verified that my TV's firmware had been updated to the latest version, and the issue persisted. I was able to fix the issue by updating the firmware on the soundbar to the latest version, and repeating the setup steps for the soundbar.

I found Yamaha's instructions to update the firmware here: https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/yas-108_ats-1080_firm.html

In case that link gets removed, just Google "YAS-108 Firmware Update" and that will get you in the right direction.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Is the soundbar switched to the correct source?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it is.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!

I have the exact same problem between my RU8000 and YAS109.

Had 2 conversations with Samsung support technicians and went through all the TV configuration and verification steps (switching HDMI cables, resetting TV, toggling Anynet on and off, etc), to no avail. They say it’s a problem with the Yamaha  soundbar. So I took the soundbar back to the store and we tested it. It worked flawlessly on all other TV models (Sony, Vizio...)

We also tested it on various Samsung TVs. All of them had problems connecting to soundbar through ARC.  

Therefore, it seems to be a compatibility issue for the Samsung system. Samsung support told me that the Yamaha soundbars hadn’t been tested on the TVs yet.

I hope Samsung will work on a firmware update to correct this issue.

In the meantime, I connect through optical cable, but I really want the ARC capabilities.

Samsung, where are you on this issue?

julien.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed, I am having trouble with YAS 400 sound system.  Where's the verdict Samsung? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You gotta use the ARC out/in on your TV. And set the Anynet + setting to on. That should solve that problem. 

Be sure to use a flashlight to see exactly what HDMI  you are using. You can't just use any HDMI on the TV. 

You must also use the HDMI ARC in/out on the soundbar. Again use a flashlight. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue.  I'm trying to connect a Yamaha YAS108 via the Arc connection.  I spent 2 hours with support Checking the obvious, but still no sound.  I did try the sound bar on my other 2 Samsung TVs, the soundbar did work on one of the TVs.

Samsung Support, my question is, why does this sound bar work on one of my TVs and not the others ?

UN65MU6290 - does not work
UN50NU6950 - works
UN49MU6290 - does not work

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you have all the devices fully up to date?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, auto update is enabled.  I was hoping that support might investigate to see if there is a connection with the models, note that the two 6290 models don't work.  What are the hardware and or software differences between the 6290 and 6950 ?