JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ARC not working with 75J6300 tv and Onkyo tx-rz830 .....is it compatible?

(Topic created on: 3/13/19 8:33 AM)
userzSTCLHsJJy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

ARC is in the gray area of standardized. I wish it was but every company basically has their own version of it. 

Unfortunately, no list of this nature exists from manufacturers since it would have to go over the entire product lines of their competition. . 

The only way to know for sure is just to ensure that everything is set up correctly and then check for yourself. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee compatibility with third party devices. 

0 Likes
userzSTCLHsJJy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

will this be corrected in the future with updates?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please ensure that you are using an ARC capable port, an ARC capable cable and have Anynet+ turned on. Please also check for any available updates.

Beyond this, we cannot guarantee compatibility with third party devices, this is not something that is an issue. There are simply too many non-Samsung products in the world to guarantee compatibility with all of them. 

0 Likes
userzSTCLHsJJy
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

yes..HDMI HSWE so is ARC capale.

I assumed ARC was a standard format. If not i see what you are saying.

Does Samsung provide a list of known capable products or some kind of SDK/API to integrate?

FYI my QN82Q6FNA works fine with a Denon receiver

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

ARC is in the gray area of standardized. I wish it was but every company basically has their own version of it. 

Unfortunately, no list of this nature exists from manufacturers since it would have to go over the entire product lines of their competition. . 

The only way to know for sure is just to ensure that everything is set up correctly and then check for yourself. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userwr0QJd0Li0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

My 65"  7 series 7300 Curved HDMI ARC does not work with my Dennon x2300W.

Very frustrating since even the Cheap Vizio that I replaced with the 7300 worked.

BTW any HDMI cable will carry ARC, no special cable is needed for an ARC connection,

To say "Samsung is not responsible for third party devices" is a brush off of the actual problem and that is proper programming on Samsung's end to make sure if they list "ARC" on their device, then ARC should work no matter what.

That is kind of like saying hey my cable Box HDMI doesn't work on my new Samsung but my cable worked on my old TV and then dismissing the issue saying we aren't responsible for your cable box problem when the problem is Obviously the TV's problem.

0 Likes
user9qH6CjQmBN
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userwr0QJd0Li0 wrote:

My 65"  7 series 7300 Curved HDMI ARC does not work with my Dennon x2300W.

Very frustrating since even the Cheap Vizio that I replaced with the 7300 worked.

BTW any HDMI cable will carry ARC, no special cable is needed for an ARC connection,

To say "Samsung is not responsible for third party devices" is a brush off of the actual problem and that is proper programming on Samsung's end to make sure if they list "ARC" on their device, then ARC should work no matter what.

That is kind of like saying hey my cable Box HDMI doesn't work on my new Samsung but my cable worked on my old TV and then dismissing the issue saying we aren't responsible for your cable box problem when the problem is Obviously the TV's problem.

Hi,

This is an extreemly annoying issue.

There a numerous reports of this problem going back to 2017, with no real fix/solution from Samsung.  Some report of the "10 minute solution"  i.e. power down the TV for 10 minutes and the HMDI ports will reset - not really a solution nor very convenient when you have sat down ready to watch your favorite show!.

Wanting a fix, but not being prepared to become a TV/HMDI/CEC geek, I have adopted the following $5 solution.   Go to Walmart and purchase a Timer switch insert it into the power feed to the TV and set is to power off the TV during the night (or some convenient period when you don't watch TV).  This daily automated power down seems to have worked for me, and cured my frustration at the same time.  Hope it works for you too. 

0 Likes