JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accessibility Shortcuts spontaneously comes up

(Topic created on: 7/6/20 9:51 PM)
userkWKL14Pg5v
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Without touching the remote, the accessibility shortcuts menu comes up at random. I have tried resetting the tv and using a remote app. Now after accessibility shortcuts comes up, a no signal  screen comes up for HDMI 1. We no longer have cable, so that port is empty. I tried putting the Apple TV there, but that doesn't help. What can I do to get rid of the accessibility shortcuts menu interrupting our shows?

SamsungLarry
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please provide the full model code and current software version of the television so that we can best assist.

Does the issue occur on all apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userRUjjyHO6Ua
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Good day!  Was there ever a definitive solution to this Accessibility Shortcut pop up issue?

It seems that the Smart Remote does not even control the Samsung TV Model No. UN75MU6300F at all anymore.  That means no channel control.  However, if I turn on Apple TV, that remote works fine.

I have changed the Smart Remote batteries three or four times with no results.  Using the TV control bottom on the right-back of the TV seems to work fine, but it is ... on back of the television and changes very fast to a diferent screen.

I have not reset to factory settings yet on the TV since the weird issues seem to be with this Smart Remote.

0 Likes
userkWKL14Pg5v
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I ended up purchasing a new remote from amazon.  That seemed to do the trick. Good luck!

0 Likes
Samsung_c8tCSm9
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Ok

0 Likes
userzcfQWQxCdl
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi. I had this exact issue. Turned out it was caused by a fire stick remote. Took the batteries out of that and tv went back to normal.

Took a while to figure out as initially assumed it must be an issue with the TV/Samsung remote.

The firestick remote seems fine one the batteries were put back in too. 

userfHoMGKO7rM
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yep....same issue here with the fire stick....thanks for the fix. Little red light sensor on lower right of the 82" tv would constantly flicker, sound would mute on and off tv for no reason, and the accessibility shortcut kept popping up. As soon as I took the batteries out of the Amazon remote, the tv went back to normal.  Some issue apparently with the Amazon remote when it syncs with tv after install of fire stick, because once it's does the Amazon remote can control some of the Samsung tv functions like power on/off, volume, mute and others.  This did fix this issue....thanks again.

0 Likes
Solution
user8tpOMLEq2y
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Well you solved my problem. If anyone else has this problem, check your amazon fire tv stick or any other remote that can control the tv and could possibly be sending out a signal. My Fire tv remote had become wedged in a holder on the wall and was constantly sending out a signal to my tv because a button was being depressed... The previous owners experience made me think to check my fire tv remote. Thank you!!!

View solution in context

userq6wKoTFHeC
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is happening to me as well. Its happening every 5 minutes. To the point that I cannot watch anything. An annoying voice and pop up interrupt what I'm watching. How can I resolve this?

userQtzrE9XsdJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi i have the same problem. How did you resolve?

0 Likes
usersl9aUBFeev
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same issue. I have un55nu6900f. Software updated automatically - 1292. I dont have any amazon or cable box connected. Only connections is ps4 at hdmi. Samsung sound bar in audio. Ethernet cable for wired internet. At first it was resolved with changing the remote batteries. Although i just changed batteries. And the batteries are fresh from the store. All 10 of them. It was resolved for about 3 months. Today i did a reset. Removed all the connected hardware. And yet it is still happening. Im starting to believe this is not a software issue because i just reset my tv. What is wrong with my tv!!