Original topic:

After 4 month youtube after 1310.4 update doesnt work properly

(Topic created on: 1/17/21 12:47 PM)
userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi! Please help us already, it has been already 4 months!

Youtube app do not work properly when watch 1080p or 4k / 4k 60fps videos. It buffers a lot, freezes the app, drops to 360p, after last update on 2018 models. From 7472 to all the top. Only solution from now on is Connectiion through Ethernet , so i think that the update had to mess something with wifi Connectiivity even on 5ghz fiber optic internet 1gb

Please read also 16 pages from this topic where tons of People have the same problem :

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Youtube-issues-after-update-ver-1310-4-Q9FN/td-p/...

Best regards

Kamil, with 55nu8072 and 65q7fn

6 Replies
userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello? Still ignoring? After 4 months?

0 Likes
userznDiVaPu2Z
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Solution: Buy a non samsung tv

user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Maybe this can be the best solution to this and other topics...

It's not acceptable to change some tv hardware to people who is out of guarranty to solve a problem they created via firmware... I've changed the network card 6 months ago, do I have to replace it again with no response from Samsung at their community forums or any other communication from their side?

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The situation is really frustrating, 16 pages of a thread in which dozens of people with this problem have intervened and none of the staff intervened as if they were not reading.
But how can we imagine they read so much that when a person wrote that had solved changing the wifi board they hurried to close the thread because the solution had been found.
But let's look at the solution that silenced the thread.
Call technical assistance for those still under warranty and have the wifi card changed.
So, for all of us with a 2018 TV that is out of warranty, the only solution is to throw the TV away.
Thanks SAMSUNG, I will remember all this on the next tablet / phone / tv that I need to buy.
In your place I would be ashamed for how everything was silenced with a pretext, because that is not a solution for all of us, the TV is no longer under warranty if it is a 2018 model.
Thanks for everything SAMSUNG, my compliments.

useruof6lWLYMs
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I share your frustration - have been dealing with issues with the YouTube app myself, on my 2017 Samsung television. I've been bounced back and forth between Samsung support and SquareTrade/Allstate (which I will never waste another penny on). Rather than going scorched earth and throwing away my $700 (in 2017 dollars) TV , I spent $30 on an Amazon Firestick that I could attach to an HDMI port on the TV and get access to pretty much all the same apps. You don't like Amazon? Get a Chromecast, or an AppleTV, or a Roku. There are a lot of options for getting access to apps again at much lower cost than throwing away your TV. 

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I already have a chromecast, and I also have a powerful minipc connected to the television.
But watching youtube with the convenience of a remote control and in the absence of pop-ups is different. The question is also moral: if for SAMSUNG the solution is to change the wifi card, then it means that all our wifi cards are faulty from birth and should change them without charge regardless of the warranty.
But, if the wifi cards were faulty, can they explain to us why we see netflix, prime tv and the same youtube opened in their browser in 4k without problems? It does not make sense.
And let's not forget that everything worked fine with the previous firmware. So even a child would understand that the issue could be solved by software.
It would be enough for me to say, yes, we are aware of the problem and with the next release of firmware we will also correct this problem. But closing an 18 page thread in a hurry because only one user says that fixed it by changing the wifi card is something unacceptable.