JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

And yet another lost connection

(Topic created: 05-19-2021 07:19 PM)
Whiteroses47
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased a SAMSUNG50" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN50TU7000 2020, in November of 2020, and since then the the TV has lost connection 5 times. It is NOT my Verizon Fios connection because my laptop was connected, my JVC TV in my bedroom was connected, my phone was connected, so please is not the internet. My settings are fine and incidentally I factory reset it twice to be sure. I lost connection today, unplugged the TV and reset my network. This is frustrating! Twice I've updated the system using the Samsung's download via flash drive, unzipped the files and installed the thumb drive to my TV. Samsung needs to do another update but automatically. It seems that all I ever do is troubleshoot and I'm at the point of wanting to return the TV for a refund. I know how to solve the problems but the question is why should there be if this is supposed to be a good TV. I paid for the product and I don't want to spend my valuable time problem-solving these matters. We need an automatic update soon. Again, Verizon Fios is fine. My settings are fine. 

5 Replies
AmberDouglass
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Google the situation and see what you are able to come up with. Google the TV type and model number. I hope this helps
Whiteroses47
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks, Amber! I've also check out YouTube videos for solutions and they are quite helpful but I think having the latest firmware update is important and that stems from Samsung. I've done everything possible and have spent way too much time problem-solving. Samsung brands are very good but they often need a lot of tweaking and work on our parts. 

Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You'll need to download this the following update on a thumbdrive. https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=US&CttFileID=7983794&CD...

Make sure to have at least 8GB on the thumb drive or 12GB if you end up leaving the zip file on the thread.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Whiteroses47
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for responding. That's usually one of the first things I check. With all due respect, what's the purpose of having Automatic Software Update if we have to do it manually via flash drive? I understand why we have to do this for our phones but what about the folks who don't have the technology skills to do this? The current version I have is 1420. Again, I will check out the info you sent me and I'll let you know how it works out.  I appreciate your response. Also, I will click on the Accept As Solution once I try your solution to see if it works. Thank you.

0 Likes
Whiteroses47
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SamsungJam, I just unzipped and downloaded the update you sent me, and as I mentioned I had the current version set at 1420 and your most current update that you sent me is 1429.1. I didn't see this listed on your site to be downloaded. Do you think Samsung's site would inform us of new updates if you're not going to use the automatic update feature on our TV's? This way, I won't need to bug you guys. However, I do appreciate your help. The new update is installed and hopefully, this will solve the lost connections problem. Thank you very much!

0 Likes