JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying chiming sound during viewing

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 05:44 PM)
pop2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased a 65" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020) 2 weeks ago.  It randomly makes an annoying chiming sound. This sound totally disrupts our viewing experience. Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usertL8Tj1fQ2b
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you are using Alexa on your TV, the chiming sound is coming from an external device such as your cell phone or a tablet. Your external device is constantly getting notifications from Alexa, therefore your TV picks it up and makes the chiming sound. Yes it is annoying. It's an easy fix: open the app on your external device; go into settings; then disable all notifications by turning off all the buttons even for all the amazon accounts. Once they're all off the problem is solved.

View solution in context

27 Replies
dharlow48
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased the same TV also two weeks ago.  I have the same problem.  It is a two tone chime and no error or notification message comes onto the TV screen.  I contacted the Samsung 800 number and was told to unplug both the TV and soundbar and re-plug them in.  The service agent tried to connect with my TV but then our phone line was disconnected.  The chiming sound returned.  It is random and annoying.  Were you able to make yours go away?

userVm4U33dFXJ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same problem here we have tried all the supposed troubleshooting- this is incredibly annoying and it seems to be happening to a lot of people- we need a real solution Samsung

Solution
usertL8Tj1fQ2b
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you are using Alexa on your TV, the chiming sound is coming from an external device such as your cell phone or a tablet. Your external device is constantly getting notifications from Alexa, therefore your TV picks it up and makes the chiming sound. Yes it is annoying. It's an easy fix: open the app on your external device; go into settings; then disable all notifications by turning off all the buttons even for all the amazon accounts. Once they're all off the problem is solved.

userO6p9uGb0iP
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same TV about a month old. This started a couple of weeks ago. We have tried multiple "Solutions" to no avail!

-Reset and turn off "Smart Things app tap and go" - worked for about 30 min then same notification chime at the loudest possible volume - not a permanent solution

- Do a cold reset on the TV- worked for about 30 min - not a permanent solution

- Remove Alexa Voice Recognition - worked for a few hours - not a permanent solution

- tear my hair out because I keep being told the "solution" and none of them work! not a permanent solution and now I have no hair... 

PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE it HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHs and is obviously a sensitivity setting and code error in the software!!!!

userq1Sir0Av4b
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So I've heard of people getting chime notifications when banging around but I get mine 7 minutes past every hour whether the tv is on or off. IE: 8:07, 9:07, 10:07.  No Alexa, no smart things all notifications are disabled, you tube not linked, Apple TV turned off, nothing in the hdmis or USB's. Bluetooth turned off on all phones and we are not seeing anything similar to linking the issue with the phones. 

userffmhmN6k4L
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Nope...  this is not it. There is obviously a firmware issue and samsung needs to make alexa a deletable app if that is the problem... but it is not because I am not even signed into alexa and it still does it.

0 Likes
userboqGrHwLFR
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same problem with my samsung Q60 smart tv. 

userwMkl2MdLoG
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
same here it is so annoying..had the tv for a couple of months and it starts making this chiming noise sometimes back to back
sijuki
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have this same issue.  I have attempted several things to try to get rid of this sound.  But so far have been at a loss.

Question, does everyone having this issue use a soundbar?