cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Annoying chiming sound during viewing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So you can't ever have your phone in the same room as your TV? Doesn't sound like a solution 🀣

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here! Is Samsung going to do anything about this? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 2 Samsung TVs, a 49 inch and a 75 inch and they both chime randomly. 2 tone chime can't find a way to stop it. REALLY ANNOYING!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I also have this problem. Not connected to Alexa nor soundbar.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also do not have Alexa hooked up, so the "solution" is incorrect.  After multiple calls to Samsung, while they do not know "why" the two tone notification occurrs, the last person did claim to know how to stop it.  Every modern model is susceptible,  and finding "where" your precise location of this solution is will vary, but the gist is:

Buried in "settings" somewhere is "sound feedback" and you want to toggle that to "off."

On my model, UN65TU850D, it is:

Settimgs-> All Settings-> Sound-> Expert Settings->scroll to bottom leads you to Sound Feedback, hit enter until you get "off" then back out.

I just did this, and the problem is so random and intermittant, I will not know for who knows how long if this worked, but I figured others could try it, and we would all find out together

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried this and it didn't work. I also turned off my phone and tablet. The TV is still randomly chiming.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had the same problem. It turned out it was my phone. Try taking your phone to another room at least 20 feet away to see if the noise goes away. If this works, try putting your phone in airplane mode for about 10 seconds and then turn data back on. See if that fixes the issue
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
IT WORKED! THE CHIMING IS GONE!!
πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ€žπŸ₯³πŸ₯³
I saw the fix on a different site. I turned my tv off, deleted SMART THINGS then turned my cell phone off and left it in another room. Walked back into my living room, turned mt tv back on and jumped and jump and NO CHIMING. Now I'm watching my Samsung tv while texting this!🀞πŸ₯³πŸ€ž