JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Annoying chiming sound during viewing

(Topic created: 10-26-2020 01:08 PM)
pop2
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I purchased a 65" Class TU8000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020) 2 weeks ago.  It randomly makes an annoying chiming sound. This sound totally disrupts our viewing experience. Any advice?

userzQLqDRFAd4
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung really doesn't have anything to fix this.   I just got my tv yesterday.   And I is totally annoying.    Any help would be helpful.   

0 Likes
useraR3xDH4a5n
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just bought the TU7000 two days ago and am having the same issue.  It primarily happens when walking near the TV or if you tap the back panel.  

userJ7bvqyzZoD
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So you can't ever have your phone in the same room as your TV? Doesn't sound like a solution 🤣

0 Likes
userDXYKhnkXGI
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here! Is Samsung going to do anything about this? 

0 Likes
usereLi3mHakew
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have 2 Samsung TVs, a 49 inch and a 75 inch and they both chime randomly. 2 tone chime can't find a way to stop it. REALLY ANNOYING!

usermZHuTwiMFK
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I also have this problem. Not connected to Alexa nor soundbar.
usergD9T4izXet
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I also do not have Alexa hooked up, so the "solution" is incorrect.  After multiple calls to Samsung, while they do not know "why" the two tone notification occurrs, the last person did claim to know how to stop it.  Every modern model is susceptible,  and finding "where" your precise location of this solution is will vary, but the gist is:

Buried in "settings" somewhere is "sound feedback" and you want to toggle that to "off."

On my model, UN65TU850D, it is:

Settimgs-> All Settings-> Sound-> Expert Settings->scroll to bottom leads you to Sound Feedback, hit enter until you get "off" then back out.

I just did this, and the problem is so random and intermittant, I will not know for who knows how long if this worked, but I figured others could try it, and we would all find out together

userdcz36ADDhJ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just tried this and it didn't work. I also turned off my phone and tablet. The TV is still randomly chiming.

0 Likes
userkLxPriiaZr
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I removed the Samsung TV from the Alexa App on my phone and the chimming stoped. Hope this works for others.

0 Likes
User1104534
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I had the same problem. It turned out it was my phone. Try taking your phone to another room at least 20 feet away to see if the noise goes away. If this works, try putting your phone in airplane mode for about 10 seconds and then turn data back on. See if that fixes the issue