JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Antenna connection not recognized?

(Topic created: 01-27-2020 05:49 PM)
WWW-NJ
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Trying to set up an external antenna to access regular broadcast stations to my Samsung TV (un55mu7000f) and I am not seeing the option to access it.  According to the guide, I should be able to click the "Home" button on the remote and then I should see a "Live TV"option - but I do not see that. Choosing "Source" from settings doesn't give me any choices for antenna either.  Any help would be appreciated.

15 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

When choosing sources do you see a source that says TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

WWW-NJ
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

SamsungCaleb, I do see a source that says "TV" but the icon for it is "TV+" - but that is just the Samsung content. 

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

On the remote press the menu>broadcasting>scan>air and it should find the channels for you once you do that you should be able to choose TV as the source

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

WWW-NJ
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I was having no luck so I disconnected the antenna and hooked it up on another TV and it worked.  Thinking I may have orinally had it hooked up wrong on my Samsung wall-mounted Smart TV, I tried again with the location of the antenna in the sames spot (on the wall behind the TV) but still no luck.  I decided to bite the bullet and run the unsightly wired antenna over to a window and voila!  - it worked.  Started scanning and identifying channels with no problem.  So I am all set.  Thanks SamsungCaleb!

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's good to hear! And you are very welcome! 

0 Likes
user8ylak4Ko18
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

How did you scan channels? 

0 Likes
usergOFjxxrK3E
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Hello my broadcasting option is not enabled in the menu. I also only have TV+ under TV in the source options.
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I would be more than happy to take a look at this.  Could you provide the model of your television?  

0 Likes
usergOFjxxrK3E
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
hi! i actually found another article that helped and we got it all figured out. thank you! i selected tv+ and broadcasting was enabled.