cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Anynet+ not working to CEC Standard. Won't turn on receiver

I am dissapointed that the CEC control to turn on my Denon AVR-S750H receiver consistently fails after several days. Resetting the 7 Series Samsung TV usually fixes the problem, but it comes back. It will always turn the receiver off as it is supposed to.

Will there be a fix for this, or should this TV go back to the store? It is supposed to work, works sometimes, but fails.

5 REPLIES 5
Astronaut

Re: Anynet+ not working to CEC Standard. Won't turn on receiver

I am trying to use YAS-108 with Samsung UN65MU6300. I got it to work with Anynet+ CEC turned on and soundbar plugged into ARC HDMI3. I got it working ok with the YAS-108. I have a DIsh reciever and a ROKU. Whenever I switch between the Dish reciever and the ROKU the YAS-108 sound cuts off. Also, on the Roku if I switch between Sling TV and a music channel, like Pandora, the sound cuts out. 

I have tried going through SAMSUNG SETUP and I have noticed that it does not recognize any device on HDM3. Why?

Anyone ever done a UN65MU630 with a YAS-108 with DISH or ROKU ?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue.  Everything works except theAnynet+ (CEC) receiver turn-on.  I have a Yamaha UHD receiver that worked properly with my 5 year old Sharp UHD TV but not the new Samsung QN82Q6DR.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't have a solution. My devices are a Samsung Q70R TV and a Yamaha RX-V685 that were purchased in February 2020. They are connected to one another via an HDMI cable at the HDMI-ARC ports. HDMI-CEC is enabled on both. The issue is that the TV remote will not power on the receiver. It will, however, power off the receiver, and it will control the receiver volume once the receiver has been powered on. There is a setting within the TV  "sound" menu that desigantes where the TV sound will be output. When "receiver " is selected, the TV will power on the receiver at that point, so I know that the capability is there. I've contacted both Samsung and Yamaha and gotten unsatisfactory answers from both. I realize that my case is not unique, but thought it best to add my narrative to the collection. Hopefully, someone in a position to do something is paying attention.

Highlighted

I have this exact same issue with my Samsung TV and Denon AVR X2500h Receiver. CEC controls are on for both. TV will power off the receiver and adjust volume without issue. However, the TV does not "always" turn on the receiver, I say this because there have been a few times where after 30-45 seconds of waiting, the Receiver does power on, but this doesn't happen 100% of the time. 

As soon as I go into settings and change the audio source from TV to the receiver, the receiver immediately powers on. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue with my Samsung TV with Yamaha TSR-7810 AVR.   The TV loses its mind occasionally, and i will have to do a reboot of the TV by unplugging it from the wall.  The symptom is that i can't send sound from the TV apps (e.g. Netflix) to the AVR, or that an externally connected device (e.g. Bluray player) connected to one of the TV's HDMI ports can't send audio to the AVR.  At first, i thought it was a bad ONE Connect Box or the AnyNet+ / HDMI-CEC cable that connects the ARC ports from TV to AVR, but it turns out its a SW defect.