cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Apps & TV Compatibility Nonsense

I had a Samsung 32" (Model: UN32N5300AFXZA) TV for over a year. I had downloaded the CNNGo app on this TV and watched it profusely. I recently decided to upgrade to a bigger TV and bought a Samsung 43" (Model: UN43RU7100FXZA). After setup and hanging it on the wall, I searched for the CNN Go App, and to my surprise, I could not find it?!? I searched under the Genre 'News'; I searched for it by typing 'CNN'. No results!

How could this be? Can someone please provide an explanation? The App Store is the App Store; all Apps should be available. I was not aware that it is specific to the model? I first chatted with Technical Support, who recommended that I reset the SmartHub. This was a complete waste of time, because I had to start over by logging back into all of my Apps again (Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc.). No help. I then did a software update. No help. I then called Technical Support. The guy on the line did not seem to want to help much and told me that the CNN Go App was not available for Model: UN43RU7100FXZA. I find this to be absurd! Please, someone provide a rational explanation! Thank you for your time.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: CNN Go App

Okay, so after some digging through some of the threads, I came across this:

https://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G17102009673-compatible#Premium%20UHD%20TVs

So, the Samsung 32" (Model: UN32N5300AFXZA) is not listed. Neither is the Samsung 43" (Model: UN43RU7100FXZA) listed. Then, how is it that I was able to utilize the App on the 32", but it is not available on the 43"? And I am rather baffled by the fact that Apps are only compatible with certain models??? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the exact same issue. I bought the UN43RU7100FXZA model (which is a 2019 model) and doesnt have spectrum nor sling tv. Yet older versions have these, i feel as if i was tricked into buying a modern tv that has no apps on it besides the basic ones. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having same issue on model UN50RU7200FXZA.  Real question is why hasnt Samsung replied?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here

..bought 65 inche and searched for the CNN Go App, and couldn't find..

Asteroid

I got the 7 Series 65" (UN65RU7100FXZA) for Christmas and I've been trying to find the CNNgo app ever since.  It's driving my wife crazy!  Is there a way to do this?  I keep just casting from my phone but this is supposed to be a top of the line television.  I shouldn't have to do that, right?!

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem. Just got a new TV, there's a national crisis going on, and I've lost the CNNgo app?!?!?! Come on SAMSUNG!! I love your TVs, please stop messing with that and bring back CNNgo!!