cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Apps reappear after deleting

The apps on my TVs smart hub keep reappearing after I have deleted them. I take off any unwanted apps (not the preinstalled apps obviously) and at some point they come back again and I have to delete them or a few of the apps I actually use (mainly affects hulu and Disney+) won't open until I do. I reinstall the apps that are having problems and all is well for a day or 2 until it happens again.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Apps reappear after deleting

Lets see what we can do to get you up and running!

Thing #1 Try a cold boot of the television.  While the television is on, press and hold the power button until the television powers off and on.  If you're having problems after that.....

#2.  Verify that your software is up to date.  This could be something that was potentially fixed in an up date.

#3. Reset Smarthub. In order to do this, go to to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

Enter your TV's PIN.

The default PIN is 0000. If you have ever changed the PIN on your TV, enter your PIN to start the reset.

Note: You may need to download the app again after the reset.

If you are still having an issue with the app after completing the Smart Hub reset, reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Apps reappear after deleting

@SamsungJam Did you even read the question? Obviously not. The idea that the app developer is at fault for this is a joke. Hopefully someone else can help with this problem, so I'll try to explain it as well.

I delete apps that I don't use on my Samsung TV. When I turn my TV off at night and then turn it back on the next day, all of the apps that I deleted are back on my apps list. This is not related to an app developer at all. It is clearly an issue with the TV.