Original topic:

Audio level not consistent when connected to sound bar via optical cable.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
jack63ss
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a Samsung QN55Q80 TV connected to a Samsung HW-K450 Soundbar using the Optical connection. The sound level is not close to consistent between channels, as some channels will be fine at level 6, others require level 18. I do NOT have the same issue when connected via Bluetooth or an RCA audio cable. I would switch to Bluetooth but Optical is the only connection mode that will turn the soundbar on automatically. 

Is there a Setting I am missing or is there something wrong with my set ?

Thanks

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
What audio formats are you trying to play?
0 Likes
jack63ss
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mostly it is standard cable TV shows, every once in a while it is a music channel. The issue is VERY noticeable with the music channels as they are MUCH lower volume than the standard TV channels. I forgot to mention initially that sometimes the ads on TV are so low volume you can almost not hear them. I am not sure if this happens on all channels or if it is all ads, I'll have to start keeping track. 

Related, I went thru the FAQ for the sound bar online and it says I can get auto on/off using TV SoundConnect and an HDMI cable. The user manual says it only works with D.IN, so I'm going to try that and see if it works.

0 Likes